• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confident Mullings faces JADCO today

Confident Mullings faces JADCO today
    BY PAUL A REID Observer Writer
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Tweet

AFTER having a request to have his B sample re-tested at an independent lab, Jamaican sprinter Steve Mullings is to face the three-man disciplinary panel of the Jamaican Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) at a hearing at the Institute of Jamaica today.
    The hearing, which is scheduled to be held over two days, is expected to be the final one in the process which started in August when the Florida-based sprinter was notified that his urine sample given on June 24 at the Supreme Ventures/JAAA National Senior Trials showed traces of a banned substance that was later identified as diuretic furosemide.

This will be the third hearing as the first one held late August was adjourned after lawyers representing Mulling, the former Vere Technical, Barton County CC and Mississippi State runner and teammate of former World Championship double sprint champions Tyson Gay, requested to have his B Sample re-tested.
    At a subsequent meeting recently, the request was denied.
    Mullings, who has consistently maintained his innocence, will not be at today's hearing but told the Observer via telephone yesterday that "I'm always going to be confident; I know I did not take anything illegal."
    He said he was prepared to take the case further if the decision did not go his way and would then appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).
    A recent development where a World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) approved lab in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil had mistakenly reported that Brazillian beach volleyball player Pedro Solberg had tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone, only to have it overturned after the results were refered to another WADA lab in Cologne, Germany, is giving Mullings confidence he can win an appeal.
    As a result, the Brazil lab, which is expected to test samples at the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2016 Olympic Games, could be sanctioned, according to an Associated Press report.
    Mullings' sample was tested at the Doping Control Laboratory at the INRS-Institut Armand-Frappier Research Center in Quebec, Canada, a facility that has handled samples from the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) for a number of years, as well as from American Major League Baseball.
    The 28-year-old Mullings also expressed some confusion over the panel first giving his lawyers permission to have the sample re-tested, then the same panel refusing the request after the Canadian lab said they would have to get a written permission from JADCo.
    Mullings was previously banned for two years in 2004 after failing a drugs test which showed elevated levels of testosterone. A second ban would result in a lifetime banishment from the sport.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

MULLING S in fear for his life!!!

really?

Comment

Where in the article did you see that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
        Where in the article did you see that?
        HEARD IT ON THE RADIO

Comment

trackalerts.com

Comment

Mullings fears for life

KINGSTON - Jamaican Sprinter Steve Mullings fears for his life as he was not present at the 3rd tribunal hearing today in Kingston, Jamaica.

“The reason I am not in attendance for today’s hearing is due to the fact that I fear my life in Jamaica.” Mullings said in his affidavit to the Jamaica Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel, which includes chairman Lennox Gayle, Dr. Japhet Ford and Peter Prendergast.

“I have been informed that it is not safe for me to spend anytime in Jamaica” his lengthy explanation from his affidavit continued.

Mullings, who earlier in his career suffered his first doping violation and subsequently was barred from competition for a period of two years, was tested positive for a second time at the Jamaica Championships in June. He now faces a life ban from the sport if convicted with the doping infraction.

Mullings' lead attorney Alando Terrelonge said the sprinter, who felt he was set-up, believes he would not be welcomed in Jamaica at this time.

Gayle, who is the Chairman of the JADCO Disciplinary panel confessed he had heard of the affidavit but had never seen the formal paper work.

During the lengthy proceedings, three witnesses were questioned and testified at the Jamaican Conference Centre in Kingston.

Amidst all the drama and emotion, it is said that Mullings remains calm and confident in the case. The hearing continues tomorrow!

http://trackalerts.com/news/lead-sto...fears-for-life

Comment

Working...
            X