• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter Lee to join SWEPT Track Club

Dexter Lee to join SWEPT Track Club
    BY PAUL A REID Observer Writer
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Tweet

IAAF World Championships relay gold medallist Dexter Lee has parted ways with his long-time coach Claude Grant and will join the Okele Stewart-coached SWEPT Track Club in Kingston.
    Lee, who has a personal best of 10.06 seconds in the 100m, confirmed the move with the Observer late yesterday, but would not go into any details.
    Grant has coached Lee since 2003 when he started Herbert Morrison Technical and followed his older brother Keneil to training.
    At SWEPT, Lee, who anchored the men's 4x100m team in the qualifying heats in Deagu, South Korea in early September, will rejoin Keneil, who recently left the UTech/MVP setup after a number of years.
    Claude Bryan, Lee's agent for the last two years, would only say the "move was amicable" and said nothing should be read into it.
    Efforts to contact Grant were futile as his cell phones rang without answer.
    Grant, who is still the coach of World and Olympic champion Veronica Campbell Brown, guided Lee to a handful of titles, including an IAAF World Youth 100m in 2007, two IAAF World Junior 100m gold medals in 2008 and 2010, as well as several CARIFTA and CAC junior individual gold medals.
    Lee, who just completed his first season as a senior, and who was discovered at Herbert Morrison Technical by Grant, is also one of the few male sprinters to win the 100m in all three classes at the ISSA Boys Champs.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

three years in a row he has change coaches now.

Wish him all the best.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assassin get your facts right..or is this like the Tourism Minister's figures that he has managed to shove down your gullible throat?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

wasn't he in Atlanta last year in 2010????? He was in Mobay in 2011 and will be in Kingston in 2012. Isn't it 3 different camps in 3 years? One of us is very bad at counting no wonder you talk bout proven stats from the tourism minister.
        Last edited by Assasin; November 1, 2011, 08:33 PM.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I guess you dont really understand track and field so cant really blame you, i guess the same goes for other things you try to argue here too.

Despite the fact he was in Atlanta, Grant was still his coach and traveled with him to Canada while Carpenter stayed in Atlanta.

This would be his second coach since Grant was his coach since Class 4 at Herbert Morrison.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

the fact is Carpenter was listed as his coach. Now am I wrong? You can add that information but my argument is still right. Even if Grant was with him .......

I guess the many don't know about the topic either.

http://world-track.org/2009/10/jamai...ony-carpenter/

Comment

hmmm so because some fancy looking website published a story that makes it gospel?

When it comes to western athletes and certain others I dont relay on what I see on the Internet.

If you were following the Pan-Am Games track and filed event last week you would also see that almost everyone of their season and personal best listing for our athletes were wrong but then you would more likely believe them than you would believe me so knock yourself out.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

My friend son also trained with Carpenter, he is a student athlete and he did for a few years and they sent how their regular newsletter to say he was Dexter's coach so I don't know why them telling so much lies.
                Last edited by Assasin; November 1, 2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

you head either a gather water or you a try fool people

http://mdella0.webs.com/apps/blog/sh...k-field-season

Comment

LoL

Comment

Sass don't do T&F, but he does Tourism!

YAY!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh read the article he posted? Who wrote it, etc?

Comment

BTW Sass you might have missed the link at the bottom of the story where the website people asked that "email corrections" be sent to them.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

LOL
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Me is ongle a Village Lawyer, but Sass is technically KARECT! Dexter was in Carpenter's camp at some point.

Gentlemen approach the bar counter. Mr. Journalist - can you deny that Dexter was stationed in the suburbs of Hotlanta, in a camp run by Tony Carpenter
                              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X