RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding runs in, delivers...shatters Clive Lloyd's Stumps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding runs in, delivers...shatters Clive Lloyd's Stumps!

Holding blasts Clive Lloyd

Michael Holding, a former West Indies pacer, says Clive Lloyd, member of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB), has no moral authority to call on Chris Gayle to apologize before he is allowed to return to the West Indies set up.

Lloyd says Gayle should apologize to the WICB as it would not make him any less of a man.

But Holding says Lloyd, a former West Indies captain, has no moral ground on which to call for Gayle to apologize.

"About two years before the (ICC Cricket) World Cup that was in the Caribbean, when Ken Gordon was the president of the WICB, we had a big furore between myself and Gordon. Lloyd put his nose into it, trying to defend Gordon and said something which was incorrect.

I showed him that he was incorrect and it was even on cricinfo.com where I used a WICB press release and an article written by a friend of his in Guyana to show him that he was incorrect (and) he needed to apologise to me for (which) he has not yet (done).

"Lloyd was like my second father when I [played for the West Indies … I have not spoken to West Indies in eight years because of that and he’s now telling Chris Gayle to apologise as it does not make him a smaller man, then why hasn’t he apologized to me in eight years?" asked Holding.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

You know you are getting long in the tooth when you cannot learn from the student...
    Peter R

Comment

Holding is correct but it has been sad to see thier personal relationship destroyed over Wi cricket politricks.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

He might be correct here but Michael Holding has been carrying belly for everything West Indies for the longest time...they say he walked away but I get the feeling he might have been forced out and he has been bitter ever since.

I think it was the latter as knowing how most athletes are about numbers he was a few wickets from a mile stone (cant recall the number right now) and I feel he wanted to hold on and get to the figure.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

He has 249 wickets but if I remember correctly he wanted to quit and they convinced him to stay on for another tour, then he got injured during a game Down Under and said he regretted staying on for that last tour.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

ok thanks
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Mickey has always called a spade a spade...but he was so good he couldn't be dropped...he has said worse things than Chris Gayle while he was playing...maybe sm not in public...lol...but I'll always back him 100%.

Comment

that is my recollection. he was not as effective with the shortened run up ....

in any event belly or not, he is usually very frank with his analysis and i respect that.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

When him did kick down the stumps in NZ that was very public!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrzeQryPv8E

Comment

no baba ... christ race up di money lenders in the temple (an a nuh one likkle race up) and jah know seh di umpire dem did a TIEF...BAD!!! in those times both umpries were from the host country and NZ couldn't win anything but dem used to tief many a draw!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Me know, dem did tief fe true.

WI lost that series 1-0 and then the 15 year streak started.

Comment

Working...
                      X