X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here, read all 3 pages of the thread:
    http://z15.invisionfree.com/SprintZo...showtopic=6103

Comment

Of course he is extremely talented. That is not the issue at all. So was Marion Jones, she was a nationally known high school phenom.

Its just somewhat amusing to me how we can go to great lengths to show why a spectacular performance by our sprinters is perfectly reasonable, wether its running world ranked times at 40 y.o. or improving by half a second in one season.

But mek a next country athlete do that, and is must drugs because when you really check it, since wha day them face look tuff or them a$$ get too big or some other such scientific observation.

I do not know if Blake is clean or not, but would I be shocked, speechless and surprised if he wasn't? No I would not be.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I would.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

And of course there are other possible explanations, was the timer or wind gauge off, is Blake already a 9.5x 100m runner, has Mills found a breakthrough training technique that nobody else has yet.

Weird Twilight Zone type questions I know, but the point is that was not just a really great run. It was MUCH more than that.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Have you ever been to champs ? are you a kingstonian ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I ask this not to be disrespectful but I dont think the country schools know the intensity of champs, its not a 4 day event , its a continous yearly event for Kingston & St.Andrew schools or the corporate area parts of St catherine included.

Have you ever heard of teenagers crying ,when they loose a race , or fighting when they loose to a school , certain busses you dont go on when its filled with a certain colored school? Fights that end with tears and blood.Youths from prep school , primary , secoundary schools dreaming to go to a certain High School because they won champs in a particular year? Or Raised in a neighborhood dominated by a certain school element you of course not in that element?Certain Schools claim ownership over other girls school based on their dominace at champs or girls at co -ed schools, you see the competitive dilema that is champs ?Of course its spilled off into Manning& walker Cup Rivalary...hence the Star bwoy,Track Star or Star Balla mentality.

C-Bar vs KC rivalary or Wolmers vs KC, JC vs the Worl . Camperdown , that is champs .....How a man fi tek drugs ?Yuh waan dem own kill im or dem rival beat im ,dem same man deh threaten fi beat dem if dem loose a race !

Fi come disgrace di school ? now take it on a national level where the termites live,PNP vs JLP and thats just kingston.

You see if you are from KGN,STAndrew & St Catherine, you expect them to run the worl,some might say Bolt is untouchable for a champs athlethe its juss a matter of time to buss to deal with im case.

To me its all about the foundation champs !

Is it like that in the country?
              Last edited by Sir X; September 17, 2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

LOL!! Me neva know me did need Visa fe go Champs as a country man. I guess I was an illegal alien in Mountain View.

I attended my first Champs in 1982 when I was not even a teenager (the year of the Cbar/KC war) and until the early 2000s missed only a handful. Even before that I attended national track events like the Norman Manley Games. I saw people like Quarrie, Crawford, Silvio Leonard, Steve Williams , Evelyn Ashford, Alberto Juantorena run LIVE.

Between Champs, Gibson Relays and other track meets I was privileged to see schoolboys such as Bert Cameron, Ian Stapleton, Raymond Stewart, Earl Laing, Leroy Reid, Thomas Mason, Davian Clarke, Ali Watson, just to name a few.

I also attended Girls Champs from about 1979 and watched Jackie Pusey, Merlene Ottey, Juliet Cuthbert, Nicole Mitchell just to name a few when they were schoolgirls.

I realise that you probably don't recognize some of those names but trust me, they were not ordinary talents.

OK, now what is your point exactly?

Comment

LOL...If you went to champs you must have heard of some of the greats , now I ask , If you attended a school in kingston and went to champs , you really expect them to juice given the competitive nature of champs ?

Which is all about the schools name,esp the traditional ones.

Comment

Are you serious? What the hell Kingston high school and Champs haffe do with professional athletes deciding to take or not take drugs?

So if you went to a country school like Clarendon or William Knibb or STETHS you more likely to tek drugs as a professional athlete? Is that what you are saying?

BTW is St. Jago a Kingston school?

Comment

Dead serious ! Yes , Jago is within the corporate area Portmore is nothing more but an extension of Kgn.

Enviroment has alot to do with it.Do you expect an overseas Jamaican to take PEDs than a local ?

The values that you are taught to be competitive, are taught from your foundation (youth), not when you are an athlethe going PRO or as a professional.

Some might drift from it because of whatever reason, but the closer they stay to their foundation , the less chance of them loosing those values.

DEAD SERIOUS ! Yuh nuh rate champs ?

Comment

X, I really expected better of you with this country vs. Kin/St. Cath/St. Andrew argument esp wrt to Champs and that it flowed over to football etc. Do you really think all these kids are from the corporate area and St. Catheiine?
                        Where were you when Vere Tech and Clarendon were dominating Champs? Have you never heard of the rivalry with Cornwall, Munro etc.?????
                        Did you kow back in the day daCosta was cancelled for a year because a man was killed at a schoolboy football game??
                        As for the drugs ting...I could tell you stories...nuff athlete get mash up....

Comment

Yes me rate Champs as a track event. Not as a predictor of future drug usage.

Comment

Well Exile I am a humble learner , I can only express what I know and see first hand.Clarendon won once in the 80s , I only asked if the rivavlary was that intense as it is for the corporate area schools as it pertains to T&F? not football I have heard about those rivalaries.

Never heard of drugs in champs or High schools enlighten me ?

Comment

X, St. Jago is at the end of Monk Street in Spanish Town...by the Rio Cobre....

Comment

Soon to be part of the corporate area , mi great grand mother use to live pass
                                linstead.

Anyway enlighten me about the drug use in the corporate areas as it Pertains to T& F.

Comment

Working...
                                X