The americans cry Bolt & Blake are doped ! after 19:26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The americans cry Bolt & Blake are doped ! after 19:26

Did Yohan Blake just make it seem dopey to watch track?

His startling 200 time raises the same old questions

Usain Bolt (l) congratulates Yohan Blake after Blake's stunning race Friday in Brussels. (Francois Lenoir / Reuters)

4:44 p.m. CDT, September 16, 2011[/font]

Dare I say that Yohan Blake would have won the world title in the 100 meters last month even if Jamaican compatriot and defending champion and world record-holder Usain Bolt had not been disqualified for a false start?

That doesn't seem like such a risky statement after watching Blake run the 200 in Friday's Diamond League finale at Brussels.

THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

IF IT WERE THE REVERSE we(Jamaicans) woulda more than likely seh the same

Comment

More than likely????
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

True Skeng and even as a Jamaican I do have my suspicions about some times I have seen run the past four seasons and this one...I just hope they prove me to be a bad minded, old fart who nuh understand the sport and how talented the athletes are
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

them can gwaan... Yeah Jamaicans have accused others in the past too.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The Americans??

It's one article by one uninformed American... although others undoubtedly would agree
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Trust me if Tyson ran that time we would be hearing about that "water" him sipping right about now. LOL.
              Last edited by Islandman; September 17, 2011, 06:56 AM.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The Americans , uninformed ? with experience equals to a dangerous man with contacts.

Globetrotting by Philip Hersh

Bio
                Olympic sports writer for Chicago Tribune since 1987 and Tribune Company since 2004. Have covered 15 Olympics -- 9 Winter and 6 Summer. Olympic (and soccer World Cup) coverage has taken me all over the world. I have reported from some 50 countries, including Iran. The beat encompasses Olympic politics (including such things as Chicago's failed bid for the 2016 Summer Games). My favorite part of the job: using sport as a way to write about the culture of a country or an athlete. I also do various non-Olympic-related features.

Born in Boston. Graduated from Yale with B.A. in French. Did advanced study in Spanish and Italian. Worked for Gloucester (Mass.) Daily Times, Baltimore Evening Sun, Chicago Daily News and Chicago Sun-Times before joining Tribune in 1984. Four-time nominee for Pulitzer Prize (always a bridesmaid...) Winner of multiple Associated Press Sports Editors annual writing awards; Chicago Headline Club awards; Chicago Society of Black Journalists award; A German publication, SportIntern, has ranked me among the 100 most influential people in international sport 11 times, including this year. "Award'' I prize the most: N.Y. Times columnist George Vecsey wrote that "among the qualities of an ideal journalist is the international vision of Phil Hersh.''

Did a class in college on racism in the media and bias moreso racism and we were given the new york times to find examples , my lord my eyes opened wide.....Dem man deh !

(To be fair, it should be noted Dix went from 20.25 to 19.69 in one season -- a drop of 2.7 percent. He then leveled off for two seasons before improving his PB by only 0.8 percent Friday.)

So the answer about Daegu is: based on what each has done this season, there is very little to separate Blake and Bolt -- who are in the same training group -- in the 100.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I mean uninformed when it comes to Jamaican reality. We don't have the capacity or will to produce advanced PEDs. Also the purchase and distribution of those compounds from outside Jamaica would be easily tracked.... ergo.. the probability of advanced PEDs being used in Jamaica-based track programs is low. Low end stimulants which we are more likely to have access to cannot fuel the type of performance we're seeing.

But I ovastan your point. Am not new to US media manipulation...is a everyday ting

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I agree with you on the PEDs thing.Red herring to deal with their issues.i.e non performance..lol or as call Lewis will say non existence , they better start coming out of no- where.

Champs mi say.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                      I agree with you on the PEDs thing.Red herring to deal with their issues.i.e non performance..lol or as call Lewis will say non existence , they better start coming out of no- where.

Champs mi say.
                      Champs run di cut fi reel... I guess it's not a waste of "tax money" ... LOL

Comment

Add me to the list of doubters, esp. for Blake!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

See it deh...when Michael Johnson ran the 19.32 in Atlanta and his trainer ran on the track and taped ice packs to his calves we had all kinds of theories what was going on.

We have Jamaicans who swear they see Jeter shaving her beard and her back in the changing rooms before she goes out to run so I guess the Americans have the right to point fingers as well, dont it?
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Say What Mosiah? You back broader than Lazie.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Well Said

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                              See it deh...when Michael Johnson ran the 19.32 in Atlanta and his trainer ran on the track and taped ice packs to his calves we had all kinds of theories what was going on.

We have Jamaicans who swear they see Jeter shaving her beard and her back in the changing rooms before she goes out to run so I guess the Americans have the right to point fingers as well, dont it?
                              Very relevant points, Sickko and Islandman! In fact, I could add much more to the truths you both have said above, but I won’t.

Comment

Working...
                              X