Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X...who do you like, Ortiz or Floyd

Mayweather?

Recall the slug fest between OrtiZ and Andre Burto? (Or did you miss that fight?).

Mayweather is a boxer/puncher...Ortiz a brawler. What's your call?

I know the result.....

Here:
    <LI class=g>Videos for ortiz v berto

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

No contest Mayweather.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Just like that huh?

HL

Comment

Come on you know it , too easy.I would be shocked if he lost.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I like Floyd (I would love if he wins)...but for the FIRST time, I would not be surprised if he got his clock cleaned!!

HL

Comment

I am going with Ortiz ...He likes Reggae
            http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...-enigma-091611

Mayweather the heel vs. Ortiz the enigma

var galleryUrls_31683824 = new Array();.vxpMultiLiteLayoutWide .vxpMultiLiteAd { DISPLAY: none}.vxpMultiLiteAd { VISIBILITY: visible}.vxpMultiLiteTitle { HEIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: hidden}.vxpMultiLiteExpandedInfo { HEIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: hidden}.vxpMultiLiteExtraRow { HEIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: hidden}.vxpMultiLiteMetadata { HEIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: hidden}

Bio | Email Mark Kriegel is the national columnist for FOXSports.com. He is the author of two New York Times best sellers, Namath: A Biography and Pistol: The Life of Pete Maravich, which Sports Illustrated called "the best sports biography of the year."

Subject: Comment/Question: Name: Email: Hometown:

function onStoryPageReady() { fsMedia.setHeaderCaptionSeparatorHeight(); } try { fsAWLLoadFunction({func:'onStoryPageReady()'}); } catch(e) {/* ignore */ }Updated Sep 16, 2011 6:01 PM ET
            At last count, the roster of legal proceedings against Floyd Mayweather was six, three of them being criminal matters.
            Now, things being what they are, I can certainly understand if an athlete's legal problems fail to surprise, much less offend, contemporary sensibilities. Still, at this point, mere misbehavior — alleged or otherwise — seems to be the least of Floyd's failings. Rather, the problem is one of persona. He's a dreadful cliché.

var vhm_widget_settings = { eventId: 1237839, colorScheme: 'fox_sports_std', width: 315, height: 500};

Counting stacks of hundreds with Fitty Cent?
            Really?
            Still?
            It's been years now since he went about the business — and that's what it is, pure business — of changing roles, from "Pretty Boy Floyd" to "Money May." I get it, or at least I did. And I give him credit, too. Mayweather acquired the bulk of his fortune during — or, perhaps, despite — the ascent of mixed martial arts. MMA has many virtues, but subtlety is not among them. So Floyd — with a style as risk-averse and boring as it was technically perfect — realized he was better off as an old-fashioned bad guy, boxing's version of a wrestling heel.
            Problem is, even wrestling heels evolve. Money does not. In the lead-up to Saturday's welterweight championship bout with Victor Ortiz — famously abandoned first by his mother, then his alcoholic father — Mayweather's pattern seems resolutely predictable.
            "I'm tired of hearing about that ------- story," he said of Ortiz's childhood. "Black parents leave all the time! Every black you know raised theyself . . . I lived a very tough life. They make it seems like I just woke up and I'm a multimillionaire . . . My father's been to prison. My mother left. My mother's been on drugs, and my father was a drug dealer."
            Translation: What about me?
            Now, I've tried, at various times, to warm up to Floyd. The serial ducker of Manny Pacquaio is, in fact, a great talent. But, damn, could someone just shut him up already?
            .vxpMultiLiteTitle { HEIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: hidden}.vxpMultiLiteExpandedInfo { HEIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: hidden}.vxpMultiLiteExtraRow { HEIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: hidden}.vxpMultiLiteMetadata { HEIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: hidden}

Ortiz ready for fight of a lifetime
            WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz discusses his upcoming fight against Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
            Date 9/15/11, Duration 3:17, Views 3571
            Video by:
            Fox Sports | FOXSports.com on MSN Watch latest sports news and highlights More FOXSports.com video

</DIV> MsnVideoUx.render("StoryPageV5InlineVideo", "fs-article-inline-video-player-2", {"StoryPageV5InlineVideoReferenceId.DefaultVide o": {videoQuery: {videoFilter: {type: "Uuid", uuids: ["64501765-9c77-4914-bfbc-a0f90a1b85b3"]}}}}, {csid:"ux-cms-en-us-sports"});
            </DIV>
            Unfortunately, much to my regret, and much like the oddsmakers, I don't think that will be Victor Ortiz. As I discovered last week, driving out to his gym in Ventura, he seems an altogether likeable kid. It's tempting, and not inaccurate, to call him the anti-Floyd. He's a fighter, though, and like all fighters, harbors a raging lunatic inside. It's just that Ortiz's madman remains out of sight, and at least to some extent, out of mind. That's quite an accomplishment for a kid who grew up in the circumstances that now seem to so offend Floyd. Ortiz is from Garden City, Kan.. He was 5 when his mom split, 10 when his father left him and his kid brother for good.
            Now, at 24, having surprised the same oddsmakers who predicted his demise against Andre Berto in April, Ortiz holds the WBC version of the welterweight title. If he hasn't entirely dispelled the notion he quit two years ago against Marcos Maidana, he is universally recognized as a legit champion with preternatural power in his lead right hand. Ortiz has, at the very least, knocked down each of the 33 opponents he has faced as a pro. Even more rare, he's an authentically interesting kid.
            The other day, before wrapping his hands, he replaced his trainer's blaring iPod with his own. "I don't even like Spanish music," he said.
            "What did you grow up with?" I asked.
            "I grew up around many genres of music."
            Doesn't sound like a fighter. Genres? "What genres?"
            "Mostly reggae and country."
            </DIV></DIV>

Comment

Hmmmm...thanks for that X.

Floyd is quite an embarrassment to himself and others.

I saw the incident with he and 50cent (fitty cents); both holding big wads of $100 bulls pretending it was a telephone hand-set...speaking trash to each other......~~sigh...`groan~~

Even worst...Floyd on another occasion burnt a $100.00 bill. Stupid is...what stupid does.

Would not be surprised if be becomes a pauper in his old age.

"An old fool was once a young fool"
              Last edited by HL; September 16, 2011, 06:38 PM.

HL

Comment

knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                X