No announcement yet.

The reason I have problems processing this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the track? Think it was faster?

Comment

Ok then Mr "SAF is not Bolt, how she fe improve dem kinda way deh"
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not exactly everything clicking.

The 19.30s was with -0.9ms and the WR was with -0.3ms.

Comment

Gwaan live yuh life on "if" and "woulda"...I deal with what actually happened...go figure...

Comment

...and the Women 400M & 800M!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Very Good/ Damn we really are getting carried away now, unless he can run a 44 plus, he cant be called even good.

Conventional wisdom says every sprinter should be able to give you a decent 400m split but running the 400m is a different kettle of fish from running the 200m
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Time go do your research and tell me how many 'great' Boys Champs and CARIFTA winners never made the grade after their junior careers ended...
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  Time go do your research and tell me how many 'great' Boys Champs and CARIFTA winners never made the grade after their junior careers ended...
                  Paul there is no guarantee and you cannot discount the fact that in the past we had to go overseas to continue T&F after high school. The dunce head ones with potential had to stay home and become bus drivers and conductors. The very bright ones would focus on other professions, some got burned out in college running every weekend in college and a few because senior track stars.

We now have MVP and Racers to take care of everybody who wish to continue so we should expect to see an increase in the successful transition rate. Let me look in my crystal ball. If Racer or MVP was not around then Yohan Blake would probably be driving a bus, Wolmer's NY Alumni would have sent Shelly Ann to college in the USA, Bolt would be a West Indies fast bowler, Michael Frater would be manager in an office in the USA or Jamaica. Heavens know where Melaine would be, my guess is behind a desk getting fat.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

mi seh mi nuh haffi hope... yuh vex ?

Comment

I am not sure I am getting your point at all...before MVP/Racers we were winning medals at WC and Olympics but not in the quantity that we are doing it now

Where I lose you is the post college thinking, most of those who went to college stayed in the US to train there and still represented Jamaica and many are still US based and are still repping Jamaica, you are aware of that right?

Melaine stayed in Austin, Texas for a few seasons under Bev Kearny before she made the move to come home
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                        I am not sure I am getting your point at all...before MVP/Racers we were winning medals at WC and Olympics but not in the quantity that we are doing it now

Where I lose you is the post college thinking, most of those who went to college stayed in the US to train there and still represented Jamaica and many are still US based and are still repping Jamaica, you are aware of that right?

Melaine stayed in Austin, Texas for a few seasons under Bev Kearny before she made the move to come home
                        What is imporant is thay you got the point that more people should be making the transition from high school to college instead of becoming bus drivers and conductors. My guess is that the vast majority never made it to college.

Now to answer your question, Of the few who reach US College I would expect to loose
                        a) Some because they burnt out in college running on weekends

b) Some because they could not cope with the new environment. I think that is what Daniel England said happened to him.

c) Some because they chose other professions after college (managers, lawyers, analysts, technicians etc)

d) Some because they tried after college but quit because the dollars were not flowing in fast enough. This is where I suspect that Melaine would have ended up if she did not have MVP to make sure the dollars flowed in like river.

I would expect that only a few to stay in T&F after college become super stars.

Before MVP and Racers
                        a) How many US based super stars did we produce?
                        b) How many Gold medals did we win?
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Sigh...was Bert Cameron a super star or Merlene Ottey, or Cuthbert or Raymond Stewart, or Greg Haughton or Michael Blackwood or Davian Clark, or Dwight Thomas or VCB, Sandy Richards, Lorraine Fenton, we can ask about Bev McDonald even Aileen Bailey and while i wouldnt call many of them super stars they served us very well....you also need to understand that not every athlete who stars at Class 2 or 3 will go on, it is called attrition, some will maximise their talents at Class 1 or even in college, some will be late bloomers like our first ever Olympic female gold medalist who went to Central University in a package deal

Look back at your first form class or even up to third form and look at the boys who were on the Colts team and then look at the Manning Cup team and see how many were still there, use that formula for the track and cricket teams as well or swimming

Again I beg you, better you ask questions than make definitive statements on subjects that are well above your head
                          Last edited by Sickko; September 19, 2011, 10:05 AM.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Some very disparaging comments, not necessary to make your point.

Comment

LOL! Me and Time have the same initials and same last name so maybe he learned some thing from me...but seriously I dont think we need to thrash the past to big up the successes of either MVP or racers
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

this is a family forum!
                                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                                X