Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asafa might be chasing the $$ for real

Sorry to start a new thread but thought I did not want to get this one lost

Asafa is leading the DL 100m by a long way and should win without running another race BUT..he has run only four events and has to run six (I think) to qualify for the big money.

He has 14 points and the next closest to him is Bolt with eight who we know will not run enough 100m to catch Asafa with only one more event to go and also they points are doubled in the final race..

So I am wondering if none of the men run enough races to qualify, if the IAAF will keep the money

Also ONLY the top three in the race gets points so Asafa cant just turn up and jog and get the points....
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Pity he does not have a the relationships with Li Ning that Bolt has with Puma that they could just cut him a fat cheque to make up for his financial loss the way Puma is reported to do for Bolt

Reports are that after Bolt withdrew from the last two meets after he lost to Gay in Sweden, Puma wrote his a cheque to cover the appearance fees he walked away from
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

I am being corrected that there is no minimum races but if that is so why does he HAVE to run today to collect if he has won already????

What if he had run in the WC and twisted an ankle or some thing would the IAAF/DL still force him to run today
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
      X