• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer wait for Bolt-Blake 100m clash

Longer wait for Bolt-Blake 100m clash
    BY PAUL A REID Observer Writer

Monday, September 05, 2011

TRACK fans who have been waiting all season to see the clash between newly crowned IAAF World Champion Yohan Blake and World Record holder Usain Bolt, the man whose title he claimed just over a week ago in Daegu, South Korea may have to wait until next season.

According to the respective management teams of both athletes, their schedules will not see them meeting over the short sprint this season, but there is a possibility the Racers Track Club training partners could meet over the 200m at the Van Damme Memorial in Brussels, Belgium on September 16.

1/1

The two were set to clash in the blue riband 100m final at the IAAF World Championships last Sunday in Daegu, but Bolt was sensationally disqualified after jumping the gun. Blake went on to win in a season best 9.92 seconds.

Blake, who became the youngest man to win the 100m title at 21 years old is down to contest the 200m in Brussels, Belgium on September 16 and Bolt, while being scheduled to compete at that same event, has not decided on which distance he will run yet.

Bolt, who atoned with a fantastic 19.40 seconds to win the 200m in Daegu, before anchoring the Jamaican team to a World Record 37.04 seconds in the 4x100m, will run the 100m in Zagreb, Croatia on September 13.

Before ending his season in Brussels, Blake will run the 100m at Weltklasse in Zurich on Thursday, September 8 and then in Berlin, Germany, three days later on September 11.

With Bolt having a wild card entrant in the World Championships after winning in Berlin, he skipped the JAAA/Supreme Ventures National Championships in June and so they did not meet there as Blake finished behind Asafa Powell in the final.

Blake ran a wind-assisted 9.80 seconds to win the 100m at the JN JIII meet in May while Bolt sat it out.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1X5E7c2uh
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

yuh nuh waan dem meet yah now, mek di champion fulljoy him medal, if dem meet an him get destroy, it ago devalue him championship win.

Comment

I beg to disagree about the devalue part
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko, why are you abusing your position as a sports journalist to create news?!? No one but you asking for a Bolt-Blake clash. Yuh tink the result will be any different?

Call mi when yuh give Blake a 10m jump start. I may watch it then.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Even so Blake need fi enjoy the ride while it last and build a little hype. You can imagin if a did Dwayne Chambers, Walter Dix, or Trini Thompson did win? How them would a hype up themselves.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

that too! mek di yute enjoy di likkle honour before Bolt start show him say dis is big man tings.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Abuse???
              Mind you put things inn a people head and give them further ammo to attack me with.

Isn't it the norm when the young buck replaces the king who was or there to defend his title that a quick match is set up?

I am sure some meet organiser would throw money at them for that race, wouldn't you love to see it?
              Che Guevara.

Comment

If a mi like him. Mi a run a few easy races for the rest of the season. Remain unbeaten after the Olympics and sign a few contracts fi meet Bolt at one or two big meets next year.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Asafa did tell Blake fi cool him heel as "this is big man things'..LOL who is World champion and who is World Chump?
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

ah bwoy .... asafa need fi use kim collins obeah man!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I know! Fuss ting come a mi mind when di yute win di ting. I doubt if Asafa going to be so lucky next year for Bolt and Blake to get disqualified.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I would be happy for the them to be making extra money when there really is no doubt as to who would win.

Would I love to see it? Only if there is nothing going on on the Shopping Network Channel!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                        X