RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bolt!; T&F Majors & completing the LEGEND!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt!; T&F Majors & completing the LEGEND!

This is in response to one Honorary Mr. Historian questioning the use of one Mr Bolt in the 4*4 at major championships.

Listen, what are we talking about here, we are talking about an unusual opportunity, an opportunity where the cost is relatively insignificant compared to the payoff.

Cost
    The cost a little 400 training to supplement what he is already doing just to run what??

Just to run one leg of a relay at WC and Olympics
    at at low 43.mash
    Payoff - The elusive Usain fourth gold medal per game without having to do a whole nother event

Payoff
    1. Usain talks about being a legend, well the legend ahead of him is one Ms. Lewis he need to be able to fiind a fourth gold per game without compromising the other events, I think this JA 4*4 team with a little more development from Ryker and Green is poised to do exceptional things ala Ja 1952.

2. The second payoff is it puts a big dent in US ability to have a free gold at the end of every championship with their ownership of the 4*4's if we want to win then we will have to run a little more sweat every win denied to the US that we win the event, doubles the impact on the medal standing of that event for the US vs Ja rivalry, we have a narrow tight window so we must maximize that.

Yes Usain is our once in 50 years opportunity, we must maximize that value now with the least cost to Usain and I think the 4*4 is the best vehicle to get him there.

So three in Beijing, 4 in London and possibly the same 4 years later that is 11 possible Olympic gold. Same for WC which he should break anyway, even though he has missed a critical one here in Daegu!

Carl has 9 Olmpic gold, and 8 WC gold, seventeen T&F majors, Usain now has 3 OG and 4 WCG, possibly 5 WCG if we do wat we supposed to do tomorrow.

This is the T&F version of the 18 majors Jack Nickalaus record that Ja and usain needs to own to complete the Legend of the Lightning Bolt!!!

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    This is in response to one Honorary Mr. Historian questioning the use of one Mr Bolt in the 4*4 at major championships.

Listen, what are we talking about here, we are talking about an unusual opportunity, an opportunity where the cost is relatively insignificant compared to the payoff.

Cost
    The cost a little 400 training to supplement what he is already doing just to run what??

at at low 43.mash
    Payoff - The elusive Usain fourth gold medal per game without having to do a whole nother event

Payoff
    1. Usain talks about being a legend, well the legend ahead of him is one Ms. Lewis he need to be able to fiind a fourth gold per game without compromising the other events, I think this JA 4*4 team with a little more development from Ryker and Green is poised to do exceptional things ala Ja 1952.

2. The second payoff is it puts a big dent in US ability to have a free gold at the end of every championship with their ownership of the 4*4's if we want to win then we will have to run a little more sweat every win denied to the US that we win the event, doubles the impact on the medal standing of that event for the US vs Ja rivalry, we have a narrow tight window so we must maximize that.

Yes Usain is our once in 50 years opportunity, we must maximize that value now with the least cost to Usain and I think the 4*4 is the best vehicle to get him there.

So three in Beijing, 4 in London and possibly the same 4 years later that is 11 possible Olympic gold. Same for WC which he should break anyway, even though he has missed a critical one here in Daegu!

Carl has 9 Olmpic gold, and 8 WC gold, seventeen T&F majors, Usain now has 3 OG and 4 WCG, possibly 5 WCG if we do wat we supposed to do tomorrow.

This is the T&F version of the 18 majors Jack Nickalaus record that Ja and usain needs to own to complete the Legend of the Lightning Bolt!!!

Bolt fi 4 x 4 then 200m?
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Felix did it and she has nowhere near te pedigree of bolt but still got silver and bronze and gold in 4*4 and is in line for anoter gold in 4*1.

What unnu want glory or fame, glory last forever my yout, the easier way for Bolt to eclipse lewis in every way, he has already surpassed him in intensity of flame, but right now lewis have him on length of flicker!!!

Comment

You Still Don't Understand!

Stonigut, I apologize for posting the exact comment in two separate threads. I did not see this thread of yours dealing with this specific topic until too late .

Now, as I said in the other thread a short while ago, you still don’t get it, boss. Unless someone is lying, Usain Bolt is not completely fit as yet, coming off injuries picked up in 2010. But yet you want him, in his state, to run the 100, the 200, the 4x100 and the 4x400. Wow!!

Carl Lewis did four events, but only three were sprint events. None of them was any leg on the very demanding 4x400-meter relay. His events, as no doubt everyone on this forum knows by now, were the 100-meter, 200-meter, 4x100-meter relay, and long jump. The long jump by its very nature gives one a welcome breather in between jumps.

Carl Lewis was on top from the 1984 Olympic Games until the 1996 Olympic Games. That’s twelve years in which to make himself into the genuine legend that he is!!

Michael Johnson did three events (100, 200 and 4x400-meter relay).

As far as Allyson Felix is concerned, she was not at the medal podium to get her 200-meter bronze medal. Is it possible that the third event, the 4x400-meter relay, was too much for her body?

Now to Usain Bolt: He first achieved global fame as a senior in 2008 doing three of Carl Lewis’ events. It is now 2011, so that’s three years in which Bolt has already overachieved!!

But no, blind nationalism has us now demanding that, in addition to those three grueling sprint events, Bolt should add a fourth track event -- the 400-meter -- in a global championship. So, let’s see, following your wishes, Usain Bolt should run the 100-meter, the 200-meter, the 4x100-meter relay, and the 4x400-meter relay next year in London?

Bolt can be a legend without having to run all the sprint events that exist in a global athletic meet!!!!

Comment

Re: Allyson Felix

Felix did it and she has nowhere near te pedigree of bolt but still got silver and bronze and gold in 4*4 and is in line for anoter gold in 4*1.
          Yes, Allyson Felix ran in the 400-meter race, with the result that when she competed in her pet event, the 200-meter race, she got the bronze medal. Allyson Felix got a bronze medal in a global 200-meter race!! Can you believe it?

I’ve videotaped and studied Allyson in every global meet since she first emerged on the scene as an eighteen-year-old wonder in 2004 at the Athens Olympics. At that Olympics and the following one in Beijing, she got silver medals in the 200-meter race behind Veronica.

In 2005, 2007 and 2009, Allyson won 200-meter gold at those World Championships, yet look what happened to her in Daegu! She is the best 200-meter runner in the USA, but she got bronze for the first time in her life! And as I mentioned in my other post, she was not present at the podium to get her medal. Only Veronica and Carmelita were there. Were three events just too much for Allyson?

There is a thing called overwork, and that’s what you want Bolt to do, just to give us (not him!) something to cheer about.

By the way, I’m not sure why the USA would want to use Felix on their 4x100-meter team. It’s not as if the USA is short of talented female 100-meter sprinters! Remember that despite our (Jamaica) immense depth in female sprinters (more than even male sprinters), we have NEVER reached a 4x100-meter relay finish line with the USA trailing behind us! And I make this point to impress upon you the traditional depth of US female sprinters. So Allyson is not needed on their 4x100-meter squad for the final.

Comment

Cost

at at low 43.mash

Payoff

Plus I seem to remember hearing or seeing Bolt has a past 44 change relay split under his belt...so it sounds quite plausible that he goes for that 4 x 4 gold.

Although he ran that fantastic 200M (19.40 secs - Damn!) I thought this 'Worlds' was not the time. Just thought ...still think...he is not fully at the top of his game.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

...still he could do it when fully fit.

...and how would that meet schedule be arranged?
              Would the organizers 'haul and pull' it to Bolt's advantage?

btw - Interesting you should mention Carl Lewis' LJ breathers. If I remember correctly he often took 2 or so jumps in a competition.

...but Bolt jogs his 100M and 200m heats and semi-finals...and I do mean jog!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Johnson did the 100?

Comment

Hey listen, is not me ah say it, Allyson her self said it in her interview.

Comment

Xome on now Historian, are you making the case that one leg of te 4*4is more work tan competing in an additional individual event, come on now!!! Come on, I know you don't like it, but it is a lot easier and the payoff is immense all the way around.

Comment

Uh, Oh!!

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                      Johnson did the 100?
                      That was a serious typo on my part, and thanks for pointing it out, Exile .

With reference to the great Michael Johnson, what I meant was the 200-meter race, 400-meter race, and 4x400-meter relay (lol).

Comment

Working...
                      X