Semenya and the IOC hypocrites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semenya and the IOC hypocrites

For the IOC, and IAAF to allow this South African 800m 'female' runner to continue competing against real females is nothing short of a crime commited in the name of political correctness.

She appears to be clearly either an androgenized female or a feminized male. Either way she is making too much testosterone. That is clearly obvious, at least to this observer. If they disallow, and even ban females who take exogenous testosterone, then they should do the same for a female who, by genetic inheritance, has an intersex condition which produces excess endogenous androgen. That is only fair, and other athletes should refuse to compete against her. Mind you, its not her fault but that doesn't mean it is not unfair.

Just one man's opinion.

Which one worse tho, Semenya and her glandular advantage, or Pistorius and his prosthetic one?

I say Pistorius should not be in these games and mi vex dat him gwine get a silver medal while we haffi hug up a bronze!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So athletes who are
      * 8' feet tall that make for... or extremely wide nostrils that make for... or slower heart beat that make for... or whatever Massa God gives uniquely to an individual should have others refusing to compete against?

Is Bolt too blessed with twitch muscles or whatever...so others should not compete against?
      Just asking about the concept you are promoting? ...or if you are drawing a line - How do you draw one all will agree on?

...The new event:
      genetic inheritance, has an intersex condition which produces excess endogenous androgen 800M run?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think the issue in this case is who should she compete against (men or women) , not whether she should compete.

Once she has been determined to be genetically female its hard to see how you could legally say she cannot compete with the women? Maybe thats what the IAAF is afraid of.

It does seem unfair though.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes Karl. How many intersex /mosaic genetic conditions that caused female androgen excess do you want me to name. I can think of many Just off hand.

Comment

That's just as bad. The world is going to hell in a hang basket due to political correctness.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
              Yes Karl. How many intersex /mosaic genetic conditions that caused female androgen excess do you want me to name. I can think of many Just off hand.
              Does a half man/half horse (filly) qualify??
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

What you sey bout Mosiah???
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

please to keep the once noble chiron formerly sagest of all centaurs out of this? he has done nothing (recently) to warrant this, this, this attack!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

i hear he is the world's fastest once noble chiron formerly sagest of all centaurs!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hmmm...maybe i should decline that role as Dudus. that wig part may cause problems.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well den he belongs smack dab in the middle of the cross-hairs!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sorry Don 1. My fault. I thought you understood what the word intersex meant. It does not mean transfer of genetic material between different species which is indeed possible eg horse and donkey to produce mules. What it means is the transfer of sex determining segments of a Y chromosome say to the long arm or the short arm of an X chromosome of an XX femaleof the same species. The entire Y chromosome can get transferred and you end up with an XXY Mosaic. To have any female intersex person/androgenized female competing against true normal XX females is just unfair. There are areas in the Dominican Republic where intersex disorders are almost endemic. Should we wait for the people of the DR start winning every female event in T and F before banning these athletes.

Comment

What's her testosterone value? You know?? You observe?

Comment

Thats the problem Islandman, she is neither male nor female. In other words she is too androgenized to be a female, and not fully androgenized to be a complete male, therefore she should not be competing in any of these games at all, in my opinion. I can almost assure you that if they were to make her medical records completely public, she would be seen to have an ambiguous genitalia, ovatestis etc, unless gender assigment surgery was performed in early childhood, and she is being raised as a phenotypic female. This does not make her a true female since she is still a genotypic male. In other words she is simply a man who has undergone vaginoplasty and reduction phalloplasty. To have "her" competing against true famales who are both phenotypic and genotypic females is simply unfair, and should not be allowed.

Comment

Working...
                              X