Food at WChamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food at WChamps

Maybe Jermaine has a grouse after all about the food being served at the Games Village in Daegu.

Team leader Grace Jackson said in a Gleaner report today that the dining room serves mainly Korean food with very little variation.

If that is so and I have no reason to doubt her then some thing went very wrong and IAAf should respond to that.

The norm is for some native food for those who are from the region or those who want to experiment but foods from other regions including Europe and the Americas.

Can imagine the amount of dog and swine they serving up to the athletes but it seems to work for some as they are some great performances so far.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Nonsense! Koreans noserve dog and swine just so. Dog yu have to pay good money for. Actually Korean food is good...lots of seafood, lots of vegetables, low fat, carbs if you need. Surprised to hear this.

Comment

hmmm...I eat anything man, once it cook good, one of the things I look forward to when travelling is trying new foods and native cuisine.

But every time I travel with media colleagues I am the only one willing to try some thing new, all they want are chicken.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

The only thing I never eat is dog but everything from the sea...cook and some raw....went to a Live Seafood Market in Busan (restaurant upstairs) and this lady brought this cut little chubby puppy to show me. Stupid me think she just a show me the puppy and patted it on the head....is after mi go upstairs it sink in....

Comment

LOL! Allergic to seafood but I make up with pork
          Che Guevara.

Comment

"Tonight the special item on the menu is Sweet and Sour puppy"

Unoo full a jokes today bwoy.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"Tonight the special item on the menu is Sweet and Sour puppy"

Unoo full a jokes today bwoy.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Raw squid, sea cucumber, sea squirts, snapper, conch....sashimi - "murder she wrote".....naw boast...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  hmmm...I eat anything man, once it cook good, one of the things I look forward to when travelling is trying new foods and native cuisine.

But every time I travel with media colleagues I am the only one willing to try some thing new, all they want are chicken.

Good for you, you and my sister will make great travelling companions. She does a lot of international travel, and will eat any damn thing. Me look at it and say - "my stomach caan cross it"
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

As long as it wont make me sick i will try it..have eaten snails, alligator tail, frogs legs, rabbit, wild game, as long as it is well cooked. No bloody meat for me
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

... all those sound like the "normal" exotic foods... what about rat? and fried cockroach? rooster balls? an dem ting deh? how adventurous are you? me? I stick to the "normal" stuff...

to some cock soup, cow cod soup and mannish water all fall into the "exotic" category
                      Peter R

Comment

boss I am about to go eat my steamed callaloo and you a talk bout fried cockroach and rat....KMT!

LOL... Lets say i will stick to the normal exotics
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

If the story is true, they should really do better.

With that said, I am not sure why Korean food would be a problem for our athletes. Is mainly cabbage, sprat, steamed rice and beef that them eat. Them can skip the tofu.

Comment

Big man, people who travel a lot to these places and other regions know how to deal with the dietary requirements, I saw Gonzales put on a brilliant race this morning to give Jamaica the lead in the 4x400m and never heard him talking about food afterwards.

he was just looking an excuse after he come fourth and out of the medals
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

You'd think though that our athletes would have their traveling chef. No? The Reggae Boyz did!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X