Green,Hylton has fastest splits on 4x4-track alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green,Hylton has fastest splits on 4x4-track alerts

DAEGU - Leford Green and Riker Hylton, both national champions, recorded the fastest splits on Jamaica's 4x400m relay team on Thursday's 6th day of the World Championships.

Hylton, the national 400m champion, and Green, who won the 400m hurdles at trials, both recorded identical times of 44.5 on the second and anchor legs respectively.
    Allodin Fothergill did well on the opening leg for 45.4 while Lansford Spence, who ran the third leg, recorded 44.8 as Jamaica finished second behind in a season best 2:59.13. USA did 2:58.82.
    Greg Nixon (45.1), Jamaal Torrance (44.1), Michael Berry (43.7) and LaShawn Merritt (45.9) were the USA quartet.
    Jermaine Gonzales will come in for the final, and based on the preliminary round, could replace either Spence or Fothergill.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

maybe is because I don't know track, but those split times are...silly!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

why you say that Champs medal winner
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

i hope you are prostrate as you address me!

no, Maudib, I couldn't car less about di man prostate!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL!
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Agreed. If Merrit's split time is correct, he can shave 3 sec off that and the US would run 2:54 point. This US team is not that good.

Comment

will those be the same runners in the finals?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

How does a 45 flat 400 runner clock 43.7 on a relay leg, this Mike Berry run 43.7 on the third leg, that is ridiculous, and then merrit running 45.9 there must be some overlap between those two.

Comment

Working...
                X