If Melaine was not in lane 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Melaine was not in lane 8

could she have had a shot at the gold? Congrats on the silver.
    Peter R

Didn't she get gold in 8 before? Think she has been suffering from stress fractures up to 2 weeks ago...

Comment

Nuh the same 400m you run from every lane
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Your are so right MdmeX... as I am not a very knowledgeable T&F fan I simply ask the question for my edification so bear with me. The "problem" I see is that you are running "alone" and can't judge the field for 300M, correct? I don't know how much of a difference that might make if you can't keep an eye on your main competition...

not looking for excuses. as it is my question has been ignored by the experts so I take it that lane 8 it is not a big deal in the 400M.
        Peter R

Comment

It is the wussest lane dem sey and lane 1....

Comment

Is di wussest lane for a 400m, and remember, I have a Champs medal! heh heh!

By the time you get a glimpse of the other runners, it may be too late. The 400m is not a flat sprint, until Usain picks up that event!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lane 8 generally the worst but I have heard it said, and maybe the Champs medallist can confirm this(lol), that if you are running with an injury (as she was) then its better to run from lane 8 than say 1 or 2 with the tight corners.

But yes with lane 8 you cannot see whats going on so you just have to get out and run!
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Depends on what sort of injury. Remember, I am no medical doctor, just a Champs medallist!

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Melanie ah star girl member mi tole yuh. A struggle an run suh, nex year wi ago dun dem all. A nuff ah wi athlete dem injured in some form or di uddah. Shelly, Asafa, Bolt ah come offah injury, Mealanie, Novelene, Gunz fi name ah few. Wi done wonderfully well considering an wi nuh done yet kah ah fire fi dem inna di 4x4 ooman and di 4x1 dem. Any time Shelly fully ready ah done she ah done dem inna di ting. An if di original don girl VCB fit ah trouble agaiin (Ah who dat king kong fi dem)
                  Last edited by myYout; September 2, 2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X