Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying VCB

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sites/defa...jpg?1314848166

If I was a betting man I would bet on Jeter for the 200m.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Camera angle (perception) lies!
      VCB was always coming from behind!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Why I'm Betting On Veronica

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
        If I was a betting man I would bet on Jeter for the 200m.
        I fully understand why you say this, Hortical . Jeter is naturally fast, and the 100-meter gold medal will whet her appetite for another gold medal at this 2011 championships, thereby solidifying her current sprint status. So Jeter cannot be discounted.

However, I have no hesitation in betting on Veronica, despite the fact that thanks to the lane draws in the final, Veronica won’t see Jeter for the first 100 meters.

Veronica, one of only two women in history to have won consecutive 200-meter titles at the Olympic Games (in Veronica’s case, in 2004 and 2008), is a natural 200-meter runner. In addition, while she has nothing to prove in this event at the Olympic level, she still has never won a 200-meter title at a senior IAAF World Championships (as you no doubt know, she has won it at the junior version of this global event, setting a junior world record in the process -- 2000 in Chile).

I say all this to emphasize that Veronica Campbell will be hungry for the elusive IAAF World Championships gold medal in the 200-meter race.

Despite running the rounds and a blazing final in the 400-meter race, Allyson Felix, in my opinion, cannot be discounted. She will be a real danger!

Comment

felix will be THE real danger imho

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Did u notice Jeter pull a bit as if her hamstring cramped? Watch that in the finals when the tension tek her.

Comment

there was some gamesmanship there .... it seemed like VCB had more in her tank and jeter even though both were trying to look easy

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good coaches will tell you relaxation is the key to running fast
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

yup .... holding form is a key element. that comes from being relaxed ....

Comment

That's Right

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    Good coaches will tell you relaxation is the key to running fast
                    Yep, and this is one reason why Allyson Felix is such a great 200-meter runner! She runs the 200-meter so relaxed; no visible tightening at anytime.

Comment

The 400m is a great equaliser however we saw her try to walk it off in one of the early rounds but had to sit down for a few minutes after the legs buckled
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                      X