Reinstate El Campeon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstate El Campeon!

As the pic clearly indicates, hurdlers' body parts invariably overstep their lane boundaries.
    Dayron Robles blames 110m hurdles disqualification at the World Championships on being Cuban

Cuban athlete Dayron Robles has claimed he wouldn't have been disqualified from the 110-meter hurdles at the world championships if he came from a more powerful country.

No cigar: Dayron Robles (in white) makes contact with Liu Xiang and is later disqualified Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Telegraph staff and agencies

8:45PM BST 30 Aug 2011

Robles was stripped of his first-place finish in the hurdles in South Korea on Monday after judges upheld an appeal claiming he held back Chinese runner Liu Xiang.

The ruling meant the gold medal was handed to American Jason Richardson, with Liu second and British athlete Andrew Turner given bronze.

"If I were from another country that had more power, that wouldn't have happened," Robles said on Tuesday.

The championships in Daegu have been marked by several high-profile disqualifications. Jamaican sprint star Usain Bolt was shown the red card for false-starting in the 100, and Olympic 400 champion Christine Ohuruogu of Britain was booted out for a flier in her heat.

"It's very controversial that these things happen in an athletics world championships, lamentably it was my turn to lose out," Robles said.

The Cuban, gold medalist in the 110-meter hurdles in the 2008 Olympics, said jostling was common in his event.

"You can always get hit, you open your arms and there's always contact," he explained. "I've had races where I've collided with (American hurdler David) Oliver, with the same Chinese (Liu), that's normal and all the athletes know it."
    A gold in the outdoor world championships is the major medal missing from Robles' collection, but he said the latest setback would make him stronger mentally.
    "I believe myself to be the champion ... now with this experience, what I've got to try to do is always be in front," he said.
    "They are things that happen in life and you have to get on with it, the most important thing now is to finish without any injuries, without any health problems, looking toward the Olympic Games that are so close."
    After the race a magnanimous Liu said: "I have some regrets. In the last moment he simply hit me once, hit me twice, but I blame nobody, this is the competition, it is a game and we should still enjoy the happiness of such a competition."
    "All athletes have to face these kinds of high-low ups and downs. I'm not a child, and I'm quite stable mentally, therefore I will look ahead."

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Stteeeups

Campeon nutten.

Mi lose offa him.

Him mek the Chiney man run him down like seh him a schoolers. LoL

Comment

If dem neva clash, Liu run whey lef di whole a dem yes! was impressive indeed!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

dat might be so but das nat a reason fi DQ...

Dung tuh di Chineyman himself (to his everlasting credit) seh ah nuh nutten
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Chiney man seh him nuh blame Robles for taking away his Gold... unfortunately the rules are not based on individual athletes personal philosophies..

Is one lane yuh get.. one lane yuh muss run innah.. if yuh run in two and get weh..well yuh juss lucky das all.. if yuh tackle a next breddah well den yuh get lef and rightly so..

Robles lucky. if is mi is a straight right him get when him come fi hug me up... old drunkard...

Comment

DWL..........
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yuh young inna dis... yuh ting ah now Babylon start tek whey medal fram man?

Dat ah gwaan fram creation...wuss im is one Comrade...Babylon nah ramp wid dem

Tek it fram one impartial expert on the scene:

Still thinking at that point that the win was his, and with officials yet to rule on the Chinese complaint, Robles explained away the coming-together as one of the risks of men negotiating 10 hurdles at a sprint, all flailing arms and legs.

"It's something that happens in the hurdles," he said. "We're running so close to each other."

Four-time world champion and 1996 Olympic gold medalist Allen Johnson agreed.

"He did not grab him," Johnson said of Robles. "The lanes are not wide enough for hurdlers to not swing into someone else. It happens all the time."

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Dem nuh tek it from impartial expert.. Dem tek it from di rule book...

jess because yuh get wheh... nuh feel seh yuh nuh bruk di law..

Stay deh follow clown wid dem conspiracy theories.. bout Cuba..

Ah nuh NFL dis..

Come outtah mi lane P&%sy !

lol ! woiee !

Comment

Ah dah breddah yah did a chat bad bout Bolt.

Mi nuh waan hear nutten from him. Him renk!

Comment

tek time wid Don1 nuh boss...

damn..

Comment

spoken like smaddy who don't have a clue about the event.

when is yuh world champs fi jacks?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A don't undastan. All di experts (current and former hurdlers) agree dat Robles neva do nutten. Is who mek up di panel of judges dat rule seh di man fi get DQed? How jacks experts can rule pon a track event?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

your argument is not with me.. mi fully endorse di action.. mek perfect sense to me..

Wheh yuh ah wait fah.. Robles spike innah di Chiney testicles ?

Comment

why yuh gone dehso bredren? if anybody most likely fi karate smaddy out deh is di chiney man!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              A don't undastan. All di experts (current and former hurdlers) agree dat Robles neva do nutten. Is who mek up di panel of judges dat rule seh di man fi get DQed? How jacks experts can rule pon a track event?!?
                              Panel of Judges operate by Babylon Rules & Instruction

nutten new inna dat...ah suh di ting set fram creation

Fram mi si how McKenley run dung Remigino inna di 1952 Oly 100m final (no..I wasn't there ..video tape ting ) an di photo finish show clearclear dat im torso break di line fuss... Babylon Judges ponda pon dat fi bout half hour den gi di tiefin gold tuh Remigino/USA

Mi did haffi publish dat photo inna wi track magazine back in di day...fi mek peeple si ow Babylon operate

Nutten new unda di sun babba
                              Last edited by Don1; September 1, 2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X