Looking at the 100M womens'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at the 100M womens'

results, it seems that the Bolt disqualification had a ripple effect on the women. Just look at the reaction times of the JA women!
    http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByD...etW_100_hash_f
    Peter R

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    results, it seems that the Bolt disqualification had a ripple effect on the women. Just look at the reaction times of the JA women!
    http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByD...etW_100_hash_f
    Our three women were the last to react. Looks like VCB changed her shoes, Kerron did her nails and SAF tied her shoe laces last before they left the blocks after the gun was fired.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Good observation, I did sm further obs and noticed that on footspeed alone Jeter would have still won with 10.733, VCB second with 10.736 and Shelly-Ann 3rd with 10.796!!!! Baptiste would be 4th @ 10.829. Kerron would have been 5th @ 10.938!!!!!

Comment

Full table

..with adjusted times
        Attached Files

Comment

I always thought reaction times were good but limited in what it told.

I have discussed this with some coaches and they all agreed that reaction time did not really tell you who got out of the blocks first as the computer can only register how soon the athlete pushed back on the blocks.

A better judge of a fast start is who gets the first three strides on the track, when they start measuring that we will have a better idea of the best starters
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

So VCB was left in the blocks!...an shi run den dun bad, bad!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yep, she didah close like ah runaway train

Comment

Working...
              X