No announcement yet.

110 m mens hurdles field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judgement call. How important was it in determining the outcome of the race.

I will have to watch it from overhead and decide for myself.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Hands and bodies (to some extent) get entangled all the while in these races. Unless it can be proven that someone deliberately interfered, then results should stand! It happens in Class III at Champs to the World Championships. Hands fly all over the place, a suh di ting set!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

in a race where there are no lane assignment .. ok but where there is any encroachment of a lane ... recall runners get DQ just for running on the line or in the lane!! physical contact is taking it to a whole other level...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Are you saying that IS the rule or that SHOULD be the rule?

People sometimes get disqualified for interference when it is significant. I remember Michelle Freeman getting disqualified once and the race was re-run without her at World Indoors.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

especially over a short distance where contact can have a more significant impact..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Did any athlete cross over into another lane? The answer is NO! Hurdlers cannot hold their arms to their sides as can other runners.

Oliver said it - this sort of thing happens all the time! Unless they can prove he purposely decided to interfere...that's a different thing.

Indeed, I understand if a 100m runner crosses over into another lane, as long as he is not interfering he will not be disqualified. But let's not debate that point, just saying!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the liu crossed into his? how was contact made?

anyway, all they have to do is mash di line ... interfere or no .... what they do is violate the boundaries set for them. RUN INNA YUH LANE! interference is not the consideration.

Comment

If Liu had been ahead, it would be his hand pushing Robles back.

I don't understand - is anyone, apart from you saying that one or both of the athletes strayed out of his lane?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Further, look how close Oliver was to Robles. If they were running neck to neck there would have been some serious clashes. It's the nature of the event. These things happen all the time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The last minute of this clip shows the last few hurdles in slow motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wfUTYhURTw

It does look like he was grabbing his hand but probably more of a reflex reaction than purposeful intent.

Honestly I think this one could go either way but I lean towards DQ because Liu was passing him and winning the race and he really did grab his hand.

Comment

ITV version.

Robles grabbed the man.

DQ was a must.

Comment

6:04 the magic moment. The French commentator was adamant when he saw the replay that it would mean a DQ. Ca passara pas!

He grabbed and missed then grabbed then thumped. Liu ALREADY passed him the first time!

Joke bizniz to even debate this.

Comment

Sorry

Channel 4 not ITV.

Comment

Nonsense!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And.....

Comment

Working...
                                X