RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race for gold and World Champions title!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race for gold and World Champions title!!

This is how I see it at this point. You have those events that are pretty much a lock and others which are open and i consider a battleground amongst the top conteners to win the crown of world champion, that is strictly looking at that title from who wins the most gold.

The locks in my mind- men.
    100 and 200 meters men to Ja, 800 ,1500 and 3000 steeple to Kenya, 5k to GBR, 10k to Eth, 400 hurdles to USA but expect somethig unusual from L. Green, youth have a lot of potential. 20K,50K walk Russia, HJ to US, TJ to GBR, Decath to USA and 4*1 to Ja.

Locks on women side
    3000steeple, 5k and 10k to Kenya, 400 H to Ja, 20k walk and HJ to RUS, LJ to US, hep to GBR with miss Ennis. So lots of toss ups on the womens side.

Looking at the locks here is the gold break down.
    1. Kenya with six gold
    2. Jam & US & Rus with four gold each
    3. GBR with 3 gold

Here are the battlegrounds

400 mens which I have to say that US has an advantage with a guy who has run 43 mash a few times and his first race back runs 44.7, if Ja has any chance to win then we need either a Grenada block by James, chopping out the US or a win by Gunz.

Marathon mens and women - Battle ground but Kenya has the edge in both especially on the womens side.

110 h and 100 h - Us strong possibility on mens and also good chance on womens, Ja need Robles and Pearson to win to keep a fighting chance and keep US off the board. BTW Bigga to surprise and medal!!

Shot put mens - US with experience edge but it will be a fight.

I will leave the mens 4*4 for last!!!

Womens 100 and 200 - Extremely tough will be a big battle I feel VC, Ja will need to win both to make Champs dream a possibility, pretty good chance but not close to a lock, 200 probably best shot.

Womens 400 - Hope my Botswana girl can keep the US out, or looking for RoseMarie White and Novlene to surprise, Novlene looked incredible in ja trials, let's see.

Womens 800 - Love Kenia but not sure if she can do it, bottom line is her best time just don't match with these others best, form is a fcator now but i can't believe that Semanya and the Russian not coming with close to their best which is better than Kenia ever has done, edge to the Russian, however if Kenia was to pull this and we also got the womens 1 and 2 then that would put us close!!!

Pole Vault - Womens Another tough one have to call for Elena over Suhr seems a lot going on with Suhr, not even sure if she is going to compete.

4*1 womens another tough one but JA has advantage

4*4 womens US seems to have advantage, but i just dont see how Spencer/Novlene/Rose Marie and Shericka can lose those four should beat US and RUS but experience is a whole nodda thing and the US have that in abundance.

Lastly 4*4 mens I say that we have a shot at this with an unconventional twist, so Riker to Green to Gunz to Bolt, can't miss,him have one 43.5 400 in him on anchor for sure, leave him off the 4*1 they dont really need him anyway.

All right so bottom line is Kenya can easily pick up two more and i think that's it so they end with 8.
    US can pick up an additional seven gold if all goes perfectly so that makes 11 gold they win no chance for anyone else.

However if US stumbles in the battleground races and only pick up another 4 or 5 then that is the opportunity for Ja which will have to pick up five more gold to win, so that would best be 100 and 200 women, 4*1 womens, 4*4 womens and 400 mens a very tiny window to say the least but somewhat possible, especially if Bolt runs the last leg on the 4*4, talk about LEGEND if that were to happen and we win that would be talked about forever. Anyway not sure about the rules and whther he can even be selected for the 4*4 at this stage.

That's it looks like this will boil down to those three countries and if US falters it will be tight, Kenya it seems maxes out at 8, Russia will probably get to 6, but Ja possibly could get to 7 and up to 9 if all goes ridiculously well!!

Daegu here we go, been waiting for this!!

see it deh, kenya pick up a battleground gold already!!

Comment

Those Kenyan Women!

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      see it deh, kenya pick up a battleground gold already!!
      Actually, those remarkable Kenyan women picked up two gold medals on this first day!!

Marathon: Kenyan women finished 1-2-3
      10,000 meters: Kenyan women finished 1-2-3-4

Prior to the 2009 Berlin World Championships, the Kenyan women were bridesmaids to the Ethiopians! In fact, “bridesmaids” when they got lucky!

The Ethiopian women never once failed to win middle distance gold from 1997 to 2007. In fact, if my memory is correct here, the Ethiopian women finished 1-2-3 and 1-2-3-4 in the 5,000 race and the 10,000 meters race at the 2007 IAAF World Championships! Kenyan women never used to be a factor!

Ethiopia’s Tirunesh Dibaba remains one of my all-time favorite female athletes!

Comment

Yes, talk about a fundamental power shift.

If US and Jamaica stutters somewhat meaning other countries come in and fragment the battleground areas where we are expecting them to gain extra , thengold Kenya could win the championships in terms of most gold.

They seem well on their way to at least 8 gold if all else holds to form and they step up on men's marathon

Comment

US lose two battleground 110m H men and 400 women but gain one battleground the 100 m women.

We lose a key gold medal however still on track if we can take 200 men, womens, 4*1 men and women, 400 h women then after that we need some surprises 4*4 women, that is seven not enough Kenya will be at 8 need Gunz to win distant chance.

Comment

Let me not forget kenia as well outside shot too!

Comment

US wins the 100mH gold on protest.

Comment

Yeah I just see that, that is like a knife to the gut of our hopes to win the championship gold title.

Comment

We a gwaan cool fi London, our "home" Oly games.

Mek sure to rally the troops. Now winning Windies anymore, but we have Bolt and Company to elevate the mood of the JamBrits!

Autoclapse2012 mi seh! LoL

Comment

Nuff fight still left Willi.

1. Win 200 men and women
                    2. Win 400 hurdles women - must win, maybe is good that Kaliese get 8 she can just run her own race and forget about everybody else, 53.2 going win this thing anyway, both melaine and Kaliese can cross that.

3. 800 m women, at this point we just need to say we need to make strong stab at that.
                    4. 4*1 men and women

That is seven potential gold medals right there.
                    4*4 still a possibility for Ja Felix, mcCrory or whatever her name is and Ms vaz prep that team is beatable, the US fourth is probably demus who needs to have her spirit crushed by Kaliese and melaine if that don't happen then we just running for exercise anyway.
                    That is eight and add Bolt to the 4*4 team and let him anchor from Gunz and we have an outside chance as US outside of Merritt is pretty ordinary, i dont think Taylor or Batman on top of them game either so a chance is there. That is nine.

Might as well try, I think nine gold wins.

Comment

9 would be a hell of a lot!

It would be out of this world if we closed with 3 relay wins...I see 2 - men and women 4 x 1. The 4x4 Women we can win...but for some reason our women have never 'gunned that first 80 - 110 meters' on 2rd, 3rd and anchor.

4x4 are usually won on the change overs and the first 80 - 110M on each leg. Forget the run down at the end of races...it is how much separation occurs early on the leg that makes the run down possible or not.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Current medeal table

http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsMedalTable.aspx

...and Gleaner picks -

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ad.php?t=43353
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Bwoi me a tell you we fickle man, realistically the only race we have lost is the womens 100 everybody else did not have a real chance to win. Well possibly Gunz but he did not maximze the run somehow.

Everybody a doom and gloom, nuff people hopp off the wagon at a little sign of something, the truth is if we are worth anything then that supposed to motivate everybody else especially for the relays.

Comment

So you do not agree that 9 gold medals would be a lot?

Here are the ones I think we have a great shot at -
                            200M Men; 200M Women; 4x1 Men; 4 x1 Women.

The maybe - 4 x 4 Women

Long shot - 400M H Women

If all came through that would be 100M men already in the bag + 6.
                            That would be 7 golds.

...but really if we got 200M Men; 200M Women; 4x1 Men; 4 x1 Women. (Ending with 5 golds) and finished 2nd or 3rd in the others I would be happy.

Even 3 of 200M Men; 200M Women; 4x1 Men; 4 x1 as gold would make me happy.

We have already done very well going by our numbers in semi-finals and finals already run.

Going in, I think, we were a little overboard on expectations. The form of some of our picks - (times being run previous to the meet did not suggest wins) - going into the competition was not 'winning form'.

Asafa and Bolt in the 100M for 1 more medal in the 100M was my pick. I actually thought Walter Dix would have spoilt a 1,2, 3 party as either Bolt or Asafa - My money was on Asafa - would have won. Perhaps we would have got that 1,2,3 and the medal tally would be those 2 medals fatter.

Again - I am pleased with the medal count. ...and if we win the 200M Men & Women and both 4 x 1s and pick up medals of any colour in the 4 x 4s I would be overjoyed.

The women 400H should produce a medal - and as I said above it could be gold. After watching the semi-finals gold looks out of the picture...but as our 2 ladies are fighters the emotional tug says, I must believe that either of them could pull it off.

It will be difficult to pick up a medal in the men 4 x 4.

We shall see, what we shall see!
                            Last edited by Karl; August 31, 2011, 02:57 AM.

Comment

No sah!

We dash weh the quinella in the M 100m. We dash weh a 2nd W100m medal with the stumble and the gold with lane 8.

Mi bringle how Gunz get run out.

The 400mH ladies unfit. The W 400m runners underperform. The mile relays kinda shaky.

From what I see, we will medal at W 200m. We could get 2 in the mens. We will medal in both sprint relays if no mishaps and the W mile relay. The men touchy as the Brits will send in their hurdlers, though with the 400mH so close, I hope they are tired. It will be the US and the R.O.W. battling for the other 2 medals, ie Jam, Bah, Grenada, Belgium, Britain, RSA, etc.

6 maybe 7 medals I see with at most 4 golds, likely 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X