Sickko, your intervention is needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sickko, your intervention is needed

I know that you don't venture next door on Willi's site anymore, so I am bringing this discussion here to your attention. A person in your position can lobby for a change by bringing this to public attention. Here are some of the conversation taking place about the folly of the JAAA and their selection process for the Pan Am team regarding our throwers.

Wayne Jolly
    Is their a plan to frustrate Julian Robinson
    Thu Jul 7, 2011 09:20

and is it because he coaches at Calabar and is a Calabar Old boy.

Ashinia Miller is the Carifta record holder and the National Junior Recod Holder...WHERE IN THE PAN AM REGION ARE EVEN 6 THROWERS WHO CAN THROW THE 18.55 HE DID AT THE JUNIOR TRIALS....

elmo
    Groan !!! - Not again please
    Thu Jul 7, 2011 09:40

Are you actually telling me that Miller , the Carifta games U20 gold medalist and record holder as well as National junior shot put record holder is not named on the team?

Miller might be the leading junior in this part of the world. He set the Carifta and National junior record with a throw of 19.47M. The IAAF top ten list stops at 19.70 and no one from this region appears on it.

There must be a logical explan.... I guess not, with those jokers. But I have a theory. Ashani Mitchell name is there. I am going to assume that this is a misprint.

But Mitchell will be needed for 4 X 400M duties. He placed third at trials..

Let me try again...

I am searching for answers here.

Help please...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_An4avyFBRQ&feature=player_embedded
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

yuh gwaan mek fun ah Siccko..

Comment

One of the reasons I dont read there frequently anymore (i do read from time to time) is that there are way too many conspiracy theories and this C'bar vs KC thing is garbage in my opinion.

I think the JAAA has committed way too many selections blunders this season including this team in France at the WYC and Minzie for one should be there as cover...but they will tell you about the cost of the extra ticket.

I dont know why Miller was not chosen to go to Florida when we are getting the LOC to pay for 15 athletes.

One of the problems is that the JAAA does not have a spokesman who can speak to these issues and with the president away and the Gen Sec unavailable, there are no answers forthcoming sadly.

I will make some calls as it is a worthy cause.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

BTW Jangle...I notice that ONLY two male sprinters were named to the Pan-Am team and we would not call either of them medal prospects, Clarke from Herbert Morrison and Hinds from STETHS and I suspect there will be additions come next week.

That is still no reason to have left Miller off the team
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Madness not to have Minzie there.

We have no chance at gold in the relay without him. Our 400m leg is super weak!!!

The JAAA problem is not the absenbce of a spokesperson, its the absence of a fix-it-person, who can run quarterback and fix these obvious eff ups quickly!

Hell Murphy not there and they didnt think to swap in Minzie???

But they can somehow justify the inclusion of the unranked Pullen, who despite jumping a PB could not make the final 8 in the LJ...and we are supposed to be sprint oriented? KMT

Comment

But sickko, if you can't get it out of the JAAA as to the cause in your capacity, it will lead to as you say "conspiracy theories", and as to the "JAAA does not have a spokesman" what does the President have to say about that?

Comment

Cant blame the JAAA for not replacing Murphy with Minzie as it was too late at that time to replace anyone.

Saying that however Minzie should have been there in the first place on his own merit and not as a replacement to anyone
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Jangle, spoke to the JAAA Gen Sec today and he said Miller's name was left off inadvertently so he is going to Pan-Am Juniors.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

So you mean we need a new conspiracy theory then? Damn
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

LOL! that's if you accept what those evil connivers at JAAA say in the first place.... (add evil tv laugh)
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

see weh me a talk bout....yuh serve some purpose afterall. Yuh head nuh just big so fi nutten.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

They must have realized that Murphy was iffy and had a back up plan, no?

Comment

LOL!...Size 7 3/8 cap
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Hence naming Minzie early in the original squad...
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Or even late.

Sigh!

Comment

Working...
                              X