• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Gayle turn cheerleadah !

Don with Pom Poms...

I thought the "clown" looked like Gayle.... LOL
    Peter R

Comment

<What a moment! Marlon Samuels runs straight to the waiting Chris Gayle among the crowd beyond the boundary, and high-fives. Gayle is smiling broadly, he is laughing, the drums are playing and the horns are blaring. Handshakes all around. Duncan Fletcher looks impassive, as always. Samuels is pumped up. Darren Sammy is all smiles. One win, it is a dead rubber, but this win matters for the Kingston crowd. Their day is made.
      Sahil: "samuels running straight to gayle conveyed whole lot of things without saying any thing...." It didn't say anything, it shouted it out loud>

Don't mess wid di Don !

Comment

The Don on the Bench....in his party colours it seems...

Comment

Don don' stay pon bench...Don guh mound in him party CLOTHES an check plenty ooman...
          Peter R

Comment

Looks like he will have plenty time on his hands now...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-ind...ry/519191.html
            Peter R

Comment

Is there anything to stop him from switching colours? Zimbabwe?
              Peter R

Comment

India?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I'm sure there must be some time of residence requirements.

But why bother if you can go from Twenty20 to Twenty20 for the next few years and make decent money. If he follows Symonds down that road and a few others join, who knows where that will lead professional cricket.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Or he could play for Jamaica in the Test arena, should the JCA decide to secede from the West Indies. I have long been a proponent of the move for Jamaica to be a Test-playing nation. Actually, that is the only time I think Jamaica will make the necessary moves and change cricket on the island to one of a professional nature.
                    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Jamaica would not get Test status... we would be considered an associate team or whatever they call the teams like Canada, Afghanistan et al... we could possibly get into the ODI and T20 circuit but... overall the quality isn't there to justify such a move if Test playing status is desired... that's how I see it. If Ireland cannot get test status I doubt Jamaica could.

Again if Jamaica were to pull out of the WI and seek independent status with the ICC, that would be the end of West Indies cricket as other islands would follow suit IMO. We would have turned the clock back to Federation days and Eric Williams' statement of "one from ten leaves none" would once again apply with Jamaica, again, being the "villain".
                      Peter R

Comment

and we would have to be an associate for a while before we could get status

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

And like the Federation debacle it would probably work against us in the long run.

We pulled out of the Federation because some of the other islands would be like parasites, holding us back from our seemingly bright economic future ahead.

Oh well.....we showed them didn't we.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

jamaica being the villain, what's new... we are already considered the villain... like farmah, i have long being a advocate of leaving the west indies and going it on our own... so what if, we are considered an associate, we wouldn't be the only ones and with focus and improvement we would eventually be elevated to test status... we have a long history in cricket...

the wibc needs to know that we can exercise our choice to leave if they continue to malign and disrespect our players and our nation... the wibc is bein petty and malicious in their handling of the chris gayle issue...

jamaicans should boycott the matches at sabina park...
                            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Working...
                              X