Ato's advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ato's advise

I am undecided about Ato, whether to like him or not, I still have him up when he allowed the dinosaur to railroad him into dissing Bolt at the Olympics in 2008.

Spent a day with him and some others in Orlando the other day and dear God the man can chat, he never shut up but I ran across some advise he have for athletes and i admit they make good sense..

http://www.athleticsweekly.com/blog/...ive-ones-dont/
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

They make sense!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

He was a parliamentarian in T&T for a while but I suspect he got fed up with the BS (or BSing )and pursued his commentator career or whatever he's doing now.

Looks like good advice to me.
      Peter R

Comment

Oh no, these is great advise and it is good for him to take the time to share these insight with the new generation.

I suiggest the IAAF and /or each federation adopt them and even give them to the athletes as part of their packages..no joke
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Great advise - so I'm listing them here permanently

10. Save some of all that free gear you constantly give away. It will end.

9. No one ever remembers the pain, but medals are forever. Push! No pro track athlete ever died from a workout. Post-career regret sucks.

8. No one from that shoe company you love so much loves you. Romance with no finance is a nuisance. The more in love you are, the less you make.
          (In other words, no money - no love, as Sparrow say yuh caan mek love pon hungry belly)

7. The competitors you think you hate so much now will be your friends when you are retired. Dont take it that seriously. Compete without hate.

6. Figure out what job you will do next, in early or mid-career, not post career. Few get to decide when they retire, most get forced out.

5. One day you’ll awake and won’t be fast anymore. Does your career define your whole life or existence? It shouldn’t! Have a life so you dont have to go get one after.

4. Make use of the best thing about being a track athlete – the travel. Years in exotic locales, but all you know is hotels and McDonald’s is pointless. Get outside, take pictures, learn something. Experience other lands.

3. Your career is infinitely more fun with a good training group. Choose your training group wisely. Chances are if you hate your career after, it’s because you hated your training partners, bounced around to several, or had none.

2. Europe can be wild and crazy and fun… and it can also shorten your career drastically if you are incapable of not acting a damn fool there. Euro “wine and men/women” have prematurely ended many a promising career.

1. Save your money like your life depends on it (it does) and make it earn more while you are earning a lot of it. And yes, get a pro to do this. “Your cousin who’s good with money” doesn’t count.
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

advice (n) advise (v)

This advice is offered to advise kids in case any are observing
            Last edited by Don1; March 29, 2011, 10:22 AM.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
              advice (n) advise (v)

This advice is offered to advise kids in case any are observing
              Thank God you're educated!
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

you can imagine if him did dunce lika mi. LOL. never know him verbs and big words?

A good thing a nuh pure Brown man go a good school.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Actually I thank JC an mi Modda as well... in reverse order of course
                  Last edited by Don1; March 29, 2011, 10:50 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

how yuh know mi nuh Brown??

but ah wha dis faada..

Comment

Yeah, now him fullah advice what a ting. Ah hab some advice fi him, yuh wouldah accomplish much more if yuh nevah sellout yuh true talents jus to be accepted by pale. Ah weh Karl seh ah TEAM duh di ting, him mussi did hear

Comment

Thanks, Don1! I can't stand seeing the mix-up myself.

And the pronunciation is the other thing. Advise is the Z sound, while advice is the S sound.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Thanks, Don1! I can't stand seeing the mix-up myself.

And the pronunciation is the other thing. Advise is the Z sound, while advice is the S sound.
                          When I see it replicated X amount ah time... mi Modda's skooling & licks ...kicks in

Comment

Mi nevah waan seh nutten ...

a next word dem always a use or abuse is writing "alot" for "a lot"
                            Peter R

Comment

yuh fraid...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X