RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Following The Open Championship in Scotland Bruce...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following The Open Championship in Scotland Bruce...

Some wicked conditions...

Play suspended several times.

Will be very interesting to see who comes out on top.

Currently the 'unknown' Louis Oosthuizen is lighting up the field (-12)!!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Why? I mean why? do they continue to play golf in those God-forsaken locations...
    Peter R

Comment

I think mostly because of it's history--being the home of this great sport.

Additionally, I think it's for the entertainment the course provides...with the elements (wind rain) playing it's role.

I have visited St. Andrews before. An extremely old city. Nice place to enjoy a dram of the countrys' single malt ...............

HL

Comment

Of course, stupid me; a dram of a great single malt would make up for any kind of regular inclement weather .
        Peter R

Comment

First of all big up to Louis Oosthuszen for answering all challenges.

The British Open is played on a rotation of seven courses. The Old Course at St. Andrews is a public course, with adult green fees of 130 pounds during summer. Caddies are extra. For a once in a lifetime experience, that is a fair price.

The PGA Championship will be held August 13-16 in my neck of the woods, Whistling Straits, which is located about 60 miles north of Milwaukee.

Whistling Straits is a diabolical Irish-style links course designed by the legendary Pete Dye, on the bluffs overlooking Lake Michigan.

Vijay Singh won the 2004 PGA Championship in Whistling Straits debut as a major tournament course. Softened by rain on Tuesday, the pros posted low scores during the first round on Thursday. The winds picked up, and the course dried up, and scores soared. Singh shot 76 on Sunday and had to prevail in a playoff.

Whistling Straits also hosted the 2007 US Mens Senior Open. Brad Bryant won the tournament after Tom Watson, who loves links courses, butchered the final nine holes

Whistling Straits will host the 2015 PGA Championship and the 2020 Ryder Cup. The 2012 US Women's Open will be held at Blackwolf Run, the sister property to Whistling Straits.

A day of golf at Whistling Straits costs about $350. No carts are allowed.

Another Irish style links course, Erin Hills, located 40 miles northwest of Milwaukee, will host the 2011 US Men's Amateur and the 2017 Men's US Open.

Comment

Ieeeeeeee!!!

HL

Comment

Working...
            X