Will the Heat do the trick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Heat do the trick?

Many are salivating over the Miami Heat's off-season acquisition of Bosh and James who signed for less to join Wade in Dade. Adding to that is the continued signing of key players who are taking less money to join what many consider to be a surety in winning an NBA ring.

Sorry, even though I reside in dade county I still have my doubts! That's not to say that I'm not excited by the prospects of what the next 6 years might bring. I am, no doubt perked up! However, fresh in my mind is the 1999/2000 Portland Trailblazers.

Owner Paul Allen of the Trailblazers opened his wallet in the 1999/2000 season, in a manner even Steinbrenner would've been proud of, and bought (as Phil Jackson at the time called them) "the best team that money could buy." One only has to turn back the pages in NBA history to look at the players brought in to bring the championship to Portland. Allen spent and spent and spent but the ring never came.

Now, the Heat is doing the same as Portland did back then. They are putting together one of "the best team that money can buy." I have my doubts in one hand. Let's hope egos won't get in the way on occasions when they have a bad night here and there. That said, I have my hopes in the other hand.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

JR Rider, Jermaine O'neal, Bonzi Wells, Scottie Pippen, Getlef Schrempf, Greg Anthony, Brian Grant? Ahhh I don't think so...

Comment

Nothig is a sure thing in sports and the Lakers will not be easily beaten but this Heat team has all the pieces in place to create a dynasty. Now they have to just go and do it on the floor.

Chemistry will certainly be a key ingredient to thier success or lack of it, but they have more firepower than that Portland team. Simply put, they have 2 of the 3 best basketball players in the league and probably 3 of the best 10.

It is going to be fun watching them.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
      X