Why is Bolt's team putting him back on the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    Karl do you honestly think Bolt team would risk him being injured, as in putting him back on track too early?

Seriously think about that.

Dont you think they know what they are doing and what is at risk if they rush him back??
    Sickko?
    ...or is it, Sick ooooh?

Oooh sorry...it just hit me/I understand...you have never heard of the gravity injury to that part of the foot can pose to a track athlete or you have never heard about erring on the side of caution?

...or you are crazy to consider that I being in his handlers position...aware of the possible future earning...even if I ignored the personal welfare of Bolt...would not turn to the best medical opinions money can buy...and therefore not being in that position I assumed his handlers had done just that

...or was when you made your post you had just arisen from a deep sleep and brain was not yet engaged?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Since when you get so rough star. Well, I guess someone had to fill the vacuum of Dudus' departure. Still tek time with Sikko nuh?

Comment

Karl the personal attacks are not your style and please focus on the subject at hand, I asked you whether you think Bolt's handlers would expose him to risk, this has NOTHING to do with me or what I would do.

Think you could handle that???
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          willi,

yuh need fi ease offa di asafa campaign. how many times yuh WILLIng fi get burn?!!
          YEOW GAMMA !! a SAFA wi seh !
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Bolt just coming back...

Comment

Why, yuh cant tek di excitement?

Is just sports and mouth! LoL

Comment

BTW Karl...9.82 after a three weeks lay off is not that shabby at all, especially given a poor start, still think they rushed him back and put him in danger?????
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Karl the personal attacks are not your style and please focus on the subject at hand, I asked you whether you think Bolt's handlers would expose him to risk, this has NOTHING to do with me or what I would do.

Think you could handle that???
                  It was not a personal attack that was meant to hurt. It was meant to remind you...forcefully...that I am, like most of us here, not a fool.

...besides you should know by know that I have had some considerable time "at" Track - both as 'pretender athlete' (Mannings, Munro & Mico) and coach (Munro...as schoolboy amateur coach - to self, to my brother, Bevan Holness, Patrick Thwaites, R. Burke) and at Mico - Berris Long, Jackie Angus, Mico's Men and Women teams - Women won Intercol).

I certainly have not been shy about saying the above repeatedly...and putting info out that you as reporter can check in the Gleaner archives and elsewhere in the JA sports world (Sportslife. Champs records, Intercol records and with the persons named (if you can run those down).

...and...
                  You have changed the question to; You think Bolt's handlers would expose him to risk

Yes!
                  ...and I am sure they have methods of determining the level of risk they are comfortable with.

btw - Have not seen Bolt's 9.82 yet...but just looking at the time, it appears his handlers have gotten away with running him this early after his injury.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

BTW Karl...9.82 after a three weeks lay off is not that shabby at all, especially given a poor start, still think they rushed him back and put him in danger?????
                    Great run!
                    ...have you assessed him! ...his actions (mobility) since he ran?

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating! Like you I want him to enjoy the best of health! ...both for his own good and as he is one of our national treasures!

Comment

Karl no time to read your epistle and your track experience is NOTHING compared to what is going on now...you ran in the days of heavy leather spikes and cinder track or grass and dirt...sport technology has changed so much now it is not even the same sport anymore so please let go of your 'greatness' and stop comparing yourself with these people now a days...
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Many of us are not convinced he was injured in the first place and his management has been manipulating things to keep him from running against any of the big names, if you would just stop to think and stop postulating your rubbish

or maybe you are just gullible and believe everything you read without stopping to think for yourself..
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Many of us are not convinced he was injured in the first place and his management has been manipulating things to keep him from running against any of the big names, if you would just stop to think and stop postulating your rubbish

or maybe you are just gullible and believe everything you read without stopping to think for yourself..
                          I am guilty of believing he was as reported...injured!

Now you mention it may be a possibility to give him a rest and to skip a few required appearances - commitment on the track and other contract obligations...mmmm? ...get around contract stipulated consequences - then that could make sense.

Comment

Let me give you a bit of advice...remember what Eddie Murphy told Bill Cosby a few years ago....?

Think about it...you can sit there wherever you are far from the action and can only GUESS as to what is going on but you insist on continuing in your folly..gues what me done with you, gwaan doewn the patn you choose and you are free to believe whatever the hell you wnat, at your age you have eraned it
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                            X