No announcement yet.

Veronica in 10.78! Shelly-Ann second in 10.82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think she may have also needed a change of scenery. Although small, he is the biggest club inna Atlanta and I have no doubt that they may have wanted to move here.

Also with her discipline she might as well list Omar as her coach in a few years time.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Given that her agent Claude Bryan lives in Atlanta and has an eye for the finest details he would have known about Carpenter and might have been scouting the guy for a while.

As you said VCB might have just needed a new voice in her ears after beeing with lance for so long and yes despite winning many things, her times were stagnant and her start was not going anywhere.

So Carpenter might not have to reinvent the wheel as VCB and as you say Omar could maybe coach her as well right now
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

yes.. yes.. we are all hopeful..

Whispers are rather loud however...

Mi ah pray..

Comment

One you you do on your knees and that has nothing to do with praying... people can whisper as long as they want, VCB's speed was NEVER in question or doubt anytime from Vere Tech through World Yout gold medals, World Juniors, CARIFTA, CAC, Pan-Am jr and Seniors, NJCAA, NCAA and everyhwere else they have track and field though Olympics and World Championships and Commonwealth games

See genius her less than stellar start was always what kept her back and she always had to run people down, you hear them talk about top end speed, any idea what that is?

So you find some one who gets her to start faster, react to the gun quicker and what do you get?

Take you time and think about it
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Cool..

Her thighs still look bigger tuh me doh...

Still a pray..

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              One you you do on your knees and that has nothing to do with praying... people can whisper as long as they want, VCB's speed was NEVER in question or doubt anytime from Vere Tech through World Yout gold medals, World Juniors, CARIFTA, CAC, Pan-Am jr and Seniors, NJCAA, NCAA and everyhwere else they have track and field though Olympics and World Championships and Commonwealth games

See genius her less than stellar start was always what kept her back and she always had to run people down, you hear them talk about top end speed, any idea what that is?

So you find some one who gets her to start faster, react to the gun quicker and what do you get?

Take you time and think about it
              You do realise that her start per se was not the problem?

Her reaction time on her 200M was always pretty good more often than not!

I always thought it was more a mental thing as it came time to run her 100Ms. ...by the way a not unknown thing for some runners get out of the blocks as if from a gun for the 200 and 'sit' in the blocks whenever it is 100M.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Oh Lord Karl, you need to stop and think some times...you do realise that given the longer distance in the 200m, the athlete have more time to make up for a less than great start than say the shorter 100m.

You should recall that Ottey had far more success in the 200m than the 100m as her start was never the best either and the thinking then was that given her long legs and the time it took for her to unfurl them so to speak, by the time she got in to a rhythm the race was over.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Vere looking smooth and har form look good, seem like she nah generate dah high bounxing knee lift neighdah. Fasah time lef inna dem foot deh fi sure, looking easy. Plus get up wid dem love it.

Comment

ah bwoy..

Comment

Ahyyee, tek time nuh!!

Comment

I am saying that her reaction time...100M v 200M...showed she did better at the start when the race was the longer distance. My thoughts on why that was so is, "it's mental".

I went further with the info that I knew athteles who had that mental hurdle.

RE: Ottey
                        The claims about long legs contributing to her poor start was...and if there are persons who are staying that today...is...nonsense!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

'reaction time' can be very misleading and does not tell the entire story of how quickly the athlete got out of the blocks and get into their first two or three strides.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            I have a friend whose son has been with him for a while and even he was surprise that Ver came there but the coach has been doing his thing for a while, mainly with youths. I have gotten invite to go and watch them but I haven't been able to yet. They are on my side of Atlanta.
                            Assasin, where are they located?
                            "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

Working...
                            X