Commonwealth Games perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commonwealth Games perspective

A number of our top runners have indicated they have no interest in going to the Commonwealth Games to be held in India sgtarting in early Octiober and truth be told I have no problems with that.

I recalled when they won the bid beating the Canadians in the final round held at Half Moon hotel, one of the contentions of the losers was that India could not host the meet DURING the peak of the track season given their seasonal differences.

Here is this for a different perspective...a colleague of mine who is an agent said he spoke with New Zealand's Valerie Villi a few weeks ago and he asked her whether she would be going to India or not and her response was that she had no choice in this as she doe snot want the people of new Zealand to hate her.

People in that area take the Commonwealth Games serious and wont accept anything but their best there.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Oh shucks - I don't rate the meet!
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Exactly... it means much more to them than it does to us and so far it is the only individual gold medal that Asafa has from any meet anywhere

I think some of our people like Blake, Gonzales, Rosemarie Whyte and others should go there
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

right, it hot to di organisers but hush, as yuh seh sah dem upcoming stars fi guh an rise up dem stock.

Comment

Working...
        X