Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican qualifies for Wimbledon

Jamaican qualifies for Wimbledon

A meteoric rise up the world rankings has seen Jamaica's Dustin Brown gain qualification to the Wimbledon Tennis Grand Slam, which starts on June 21.
    The 25-year-old Jamaican who was ranked 500th a year and a half ago is now ranked 105.
    He will be the first West Indian to play at the championship in 42 years.

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Montegonian no less...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      Montegonian no less...
      thought he was from Germany?!

good going, young chap! the pros i play with in mobay have been telling me about him.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        He will be the first West Indian to play at the championship in 42 years.

not sure about that. ronald agenor of haiti played there in 89 and 93, in addition to the other slams. lost to michael chang in quarters of French when chang went on to win his only slam.

unless of course, haiti is not west indies?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Haiti is FRENCH West Indies or Antilles. Different thing dat.

Didnt an old Jamaica Chinese guy qualify once? I recall him on CNN talking big, but it may have been a spoof!

Comment

you think the British easy? Caribbean different from West Indies.LOL
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And the JTF fight out di yute...he should play for Germany after the shabby treatment...typical

Comment

Mother is German and father Jamaican...grew up in Montego Bay and played junior tennis here
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Go! ...Mr. Brown!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

dustin brown lost 3 sets to 1 , lost to an Austrian . http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?c=5957
                    Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
                    United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                    happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
                    Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Working...
                    X