• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain Bolt Withdraws From Adidas Grand Prix

For Immediate Release
    USAIN BOLT WITHDRAWS FROM ADIDAS GRAND PRIX

Bolt’s management team cites recent injury
    NEW YORK (May 31, 2010) — Double Olympic and World champion Usain Bolt has withdrawn from the adidas Grand Prix due to injury, organizers announced Monday.

Organizers were notified on Monday afternoon by Bolt’s management team that Bolt is suffering from an inflammation of his tendon. He provided the following statement:

“I developed a stiffness in my Achilles tendon last week and sought medical attention. After careful consultation with Dr. Hans Müller-Wohlfahrt at his clinic in Munich, I have been advised to take a 2-3 week break as a precautionary measure to avoid risking further damage. Regrettably I will have to miss the IAAF Diamond League meeting in New York on Saturday, June 12. I am well aware of the disappointment for the fans in New York and around the world, but I hope to return to New York as soon as possible.”

The sixth edition of the adidas Grand Prix on Saturday, June 12, will still be the deepest in history as 26 Olympic and World champions and five IAAF Diamond League ambassadors have been announced for the meet. The event, held at Icahn Stadium on Randall’s Island, will be the fifth stop on the inaugural 14-meet, international Diamond League circuit.

“I know I echo the wishes of all New York area track fans when I say that we wish Usain a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming him back next year,” meet director Mark Wetmore said. “The new Diamond League format has helped us put together world-class fields in all of the disciplines, so track and field fans will still experience the best the sport has ever seen in New York City.”

Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Who do I sue..I want my money back...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      For Immediate Release

NEW YORK (May 31, 2010) — Double Olympic and World champion Usain Bolt has withdrawn from the adidas Grand Prix due to injury, organizers announced Monday.

Organizers were notified on Monday afternoon by Bolt’s management team that Bolt is suffering from an inflammation of his tendon. He provided the following statement:

“I developed a stiffness in my Achilles tendon last week and sought medical attention. After careful consultation with Dr. Hans Müller-Wohlfahrt at his clinic in Munich, I have been advised to take a 2-3 week break as a precautionary measure to avoid risking further damage. Regrettably I will have to miss the IAAF Diamond League meeting in New York on Saturday, June 12. I am well aware of the disappointment for the fans in New York and around the world, but I hope to return to New York as soon as possible.”

The sixth edition of the adidas Grand Prix on Saturday, June 12, will still be the deepest in history as 26 Olympic and World champions and five IAAF Diamond League ambassadors have been announced for the meet. The event, held at Icahn Stadium on Randall’s Island, will be the fifth stop on the inaugural 14-meet, international Diamond League circuit.

“I know I echo the wishes of all New York area track fans when I say that we wish Usain a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming him back next year,” meet director Mark Wetmore said. “The new Diamond League format has helped us put together world-class fields in all of the disciplines, so track and field fans will still experience the best the sport has ever seen in New York City.”
      I want my money back!
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

damn... now mi nuh disappointed mi neva get nuh ticket... hope he recovers and have a good season...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

the games have started with tyson gay. not a ting wrong wid usain. tyson will be injured the next time they are supposed to meet.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

jus pray... it was a career ting.. might still be..

Stay tuned..

Comment

Cho r ass!!!!! Me go thru great lengths fe get one a the last reamining "BLEACHERS" ticket left!!!!! Anyway, last year i saw TG ran an amazing 200m. That's my consolation.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

plus VCB will clash with Allison Felix over the 200m
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Cho r ass!!!!! Me go thru great lengths fe get one a the last reamining "BLEACHERS" ticket left!!!!! Anyway, last year i saw TG ran an amazing 200m. That's my consolation.
                  I have an extra grand stand ticket!
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

LOL! Whats the mark up..cant be that much now that the main attraction will not be there
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                      For Immediate Release

These type injuries are very serious...known to end careers!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not really Karl dont get this twisted too far out of proportion, quite unlikely, there was no strain or tear or anything...go back and read, he said it felt tight and as a precaution he was told to rest... I am sure that if he was not as rich as he is right now and needed the cash he would be lining up in New York and running very fast
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

i bet it felt tight all thru last year as well. which part of an athlete's body don't feel tight from tight to time? remember, i used to be an athlete, so i know!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            i bet it felt tight all thru last year as well. which part of an athlete's body don't feel tight from tight to time? remember, i used to be an athlete, so i know!
                            OK MO..but that was sooo loooong ago, everthing change now !
                            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Less talk more prayer..

Comment

Working...
                              X