Bolt and his caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt and his caps

Not sure if it was here but some marketing genius was pontificating about why Usain Bolt was wearing New York Yankees baseball caps and how he was spreading his marketing apeal yadda yadda yadda

Their thesis was that he was stretching his commercial appeal and all that

Today he was wearing a Atlanta Braves black on black baseball cap in Ostrava, Czech Republic...maybe he is trying to spread his commercial appeal there too..

But i really think he just buys the caps because he like the way it looks

While he has shown interest in several other sports such as basketball, cricket and football, he has never shown much interest in baseball and even when he went to Fenway Park as a guest of the Red Sox last year, he admitted he was not too familiar with that sport... and I will add like most jamaicans
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

If it was me I know I would be wearing something somebody paying me for. Is some valuable commerical real estate on top of that head.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

True, he should wear just who is paying him and Puma has some very nice caps
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Where's his Manager?? Idiotic. I only wear caps I'm paid to wear. Others are blanks.

Comment

Urban fashion. Nothing more.

Comment

True...
            Che Guevara.

Comment

gosh..a man should be able to wear something because it catches his fancy without having to think "mi god, i wonda if mi can wear dis or dat?"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You think?

I was told by his manager that until the new contract in 2007/2008, he was free to wear anything he wanted off the track in that if he was going out to a partu or going down the road to pick up his laundry if he wanted to pull on a Nike TShirt Puma had no probalmes with that.

The only stipulation was that once he was competing, he had to be wearing full Puma gear and if he was to be photographed in trai ing etc he had to honour the contrcat.

It should go without saying however that with the new agreement and after all he has done in the last two years, if he is photographed in his drawers they better be Puma ones..
                Che Guevara.

Comment

lol... that should be the case for an ordinary man... but bolt is no ordinary man...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

is things like that mek athletes lose track of reality.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                    X