X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Crawford“I hate losing, and I hate losing to Jamaica.”

Bolt’s Racers team leaves Americans disgruntled

By Anthony Foster in Philadelphia

Usain Bolt-anchored Racers Track Club team, representing Jamaica Gold, left the Americans disgruntled after their Penn Relays 4×100m win on Saturday.

Four athletes from Kingston-based Racers Track Club, headed by World and Olympic sprint double champion, Usain Bolt, representing Jamaica, destroyed their American counterparts in the USA vs The World men’s 4×100m inside the Franklin Field stadium.

The Jamaicans not only destroyed the field to win, but they broke USA’s meet record of 37.92 by running 37.90secs.

Yohan Blake, Marvin Anderson and Mario Forsythe were the other team members.

Shawn Crawford, the 2004 Olympic 200m champion, could not hold back his thoughts during the post race press conference.

“I hate losing, and I hate losing to Jamaica.”

He blamed the team’s defeat on the handoff, even though Jamaica was far from full-strength … as Asafa Powell did not run while Nesta Carter ran on the other team.

“I’m tired of being plagued by messed-up handoffs. We’re better than that, but it seems like the last four years, we’re not better than that.”

Michael Rodgers was also upset, but mainly because Jamaica broke their Penn Relays record in their backyard.

“This is the first time I’ve lost to Jamaica, and they broke our (Penn Relays) record. And they did it on home soil. How would you like it if somebody came in your house and beat you?”
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

ok, but what can you do about it?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah! WHUT?!

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        yeah! WHUT?!

heh heh!
        wah kinda yankeesc outburst is that?

Comment

you got a problem, dawg?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

as mi primary school teacha woulda a seh .."him soun' bittrish"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Come on...the man has been very gracious since being smoked by yardies at OLY & WC..he deserves a one outburst

Comment

what i want to know is how a man who foot dem suh BC maaga not competing in distance races...like marathon or suh?

Comment

Now yuh just piling it on lol

Comment

mi cya'an help misself...mi depan a roll!

Comment

But what did you expect the man to say
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

I expect him to keep his mouth shut till he can do summpen bout it.

LoL

Comment

Working...
                        X