RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spearmon trades in his Nike spikes for Saucony’s…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spearmon trades in his Nike spikes for Saucony’s…

Here is a story that is getting a number of hits on the T & F site. Is Nike positioning themselves to make a run for Bolt as his contract with Puma expires this year?

LEXINGTON; USA: American Olympic Games 200m silver medalist, Wallace Spearmon, has dropped Nike – the world’s leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel – for Saucony.
    Spearmon is the second American in recent weeks to cut the Nike brand. Kerron Clement also recently announced that he’ll no longer be wearing Nike.
    According to Saucony, they are a brand known to most as more geared towards distance running but they have now decided to branch out in an attempt to become more global and support a wider variety of events.
    “I’ve made a move from Nike. I love Nike but I am on to new things (Saucony),” explained Spearmon.
    According to a statement on Saucony’s website, the company said, “Saucony is extremely proud to welcome Wallace Spearmon Jr. as the latest addition to our growing team of athletes. Wallace embodies the character, hard work and humbleness that Saucony strives to support in the Track & Field community. We look forward to our partnership with Wallace not only for his abilities on the track, but for his knowledge off the track, as he will prove invaluable in helping Saucony develop ‘next-level equipment’ for the short distance athlete.”
    google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
    “I just came here to support the company, they supported me and I am just excited about what they are doing,” added Spearmon, who won medals in the 200m at the 2005 and 2007 World Championships.
    Spearmon’s manager, Ryan Flynn, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity for Wallace Spearmon who will now be the face of Saucony running and sprinting. Saucony is a performance brand, owned by Stride Rite, which is poised to make a great impact into the performance side of running.
    “Wallace will have a performance team assisting him to have the best performance product in the business as he prepares for the 2012 Olympic Games and the 2011 and 2013 World Championships,” added Flynn.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

it's all about money. if bata offered him a good penny...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

More like most top brands are dropping a lot of their athletes and cutting back on some others, I heard last year that Nike had cut Spearmon's contract to under $100,000 this year
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Bata is still big brand in India and Guyana
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Willi, this one is for you

Who are the backers of Collective Brands, Inc? Does it all end here?
          btw - I have not done the work.

I just remembered the connection of Wallace's new brand and looked for 'something' and got the following -

-----------

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Colle...Inc._%28PSS%29
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

This sounds more like it. I doubt Wallace did any "dropping"

Comment

Working...
            X