Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the netballers - they beat NZ

well done
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Great game, these women fill me with pride, with few exceptions, every time they step out on the court, they represent to the fullest, something I cant say about the male football teams.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Congrats!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes, finally a breakthrough, beat all three teams ranked ahead of them all the time within two weeks or so, excellent stuff, the next step is to shut them out at home, then beat them at their home.

We have a long way to go, but we are stepping up.

Very nice, go girls!!

Comment

Yep, I Agree

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
          Great game, these women fill me with pride, with few exceptions, every time they step out on the court, they represent to the fullest, something I cant say about the male football teams.
          Yep, I share your view fully on this, Sickko. Every time that I’ve witnessed or read about our netball teams (both junior and senior), they have have made their country proud, whether they win or not! But then again, we shouldn’t be surprised as isn’t this typical of the vast majority of our classy Jamaican sports women? Just look at women’s soccer and our female track and field athletes, for example.

It’s my hope that we put in our best performance ever at the next world tournament in netball and so move up from our present fourth place. Connie Francis and the other hardworking, dedicated ladies would certainly deserve this!

Comment

True I can only recall one instance, a few years ago when we lost a particularly close semi-final and the girls were too upset to really contest the third place play-off and lost to England and I recall being very harsh on them in that they did not pick up the pieces and fight hard for third place.

But I am sure you have heard there is a new ranking system now, one akin to FIFA's where they are there Test series played throughout the year and the rankings can change before a World Championship year.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              they represent to the fullest, something I cant say about the male football teams.
              Why do you think that is the case? I have noticed that for a while.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

A Possible Explanation

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                Why do you think that is the case? I have noticed that for a while.
                The question, of course, was not directed at me, but nevertheless here goes.... Probably similar to the reason why the UWI, Mona registration records of 2008 (or was it 2007?) reflected a frighteningly lopsided ratio of 82 females to 18 males. Also probably similar to the reason why the results of the latest fire services examination in Jamaica that I saw (several years ago) showed an unbelievable higher pass rate among the women who sat those exams when compared with the men.

“Focused” and “disciplined” are not just a fancy verb (“focused”) and adjective (“disciplined”) to be used in formal speeches. When these attitudes are adopted on a regular basis, the results will be there for all to see. Simply stated, Jamaican women tend to adopt a more focused attitude and greater discipline towards what they are doing, whether it be home making or making corporate decisions. Sadly, the same cannot be said of many of our men, whether in football or other activities!

Comment

Working...
                X