• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a big horse-racing fan but this story was very

satisfying.

Bruce On The Loose wins again
    2009-09-25 09:04:50 | (0 Comments)

Jamaica-bred colt BRUCE ON THE LOOSE destroyed a 13-horse field yesterday to capture the 80th Trinidad and Tobago Derby by a stunning 15 lengths.

Owned locally by the Tres Amigos syndicate and superbly ridden by Venezuelan jockey Wilmer Galviz, the three-year-old completed the 10-furlong trip in two minutes, 05.3 seconds to take the top prize of 311, TT$500.

It was the first Derby winner for Galviz, a former T&T champion jockey now based at Calder Racecourse in Miami, Florida.

For trainer John O’Brien, it was his fourth Derby success since the centralisation of horse racing in T&T 15 years ago.

Jamaica-bred horses made a clean sweep of the top six places with Mission King, Ketchikan, Marathon Man, Dance Machine and Hurricane Watch finishing behind BRUCE ON THE LOOSE.

BRUCE ON THE LOOSE’S win extended his dominant record at Santa Rosa Park as he won his previous two starts in runaway fashion.

BRUCE ON THE LOOSE had won two legs of the Jamaican Triple Crown, the Guineas and the St Leger, but was narrowly beaten in the Derby.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

The Trini and Bajan them a buy up Jamaican bred horses. Good for the breeders but bad for Jamaican racing. Racing is now a caribbean thing as you have yard horse and jockeys doing well in other island and you have Jockeys coming accross to ride in Ja.

I hope Bruce on the Loose come back home.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      The Trini and Bajan them a buy up Jamaican bred horses. Good for the breeders but bad for Jamaican racing. Racing is now a caribbean thing as you have yard horse and jockeys doing well in other island and you have Jockeys coming accross to ride in Ja.

I hope Bruce on the Loose come back home.
      Big things a gwaan fi Jamaican Breeders,keep up the good work.

Comment

Whey yuh say - wi a breedah, like Eddie?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What you mean you hope Bruce come back home? That maybe he could meet a nice mare over there and abscond.....
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Yuh kno'? LOL.

I meant to go to the track for that race ; I do not gamble or even follow horse racing, but I should have followed my mind that day, break the piggy bank and drop a nice bet in the win... oh well... what is fi yu is fi yu ( I tell myself)
            Peter R

Comment

He Might Meet More Than One Mare

To my knowledge, if Bruce won TTD $311,500, or USD $49,500, that is more money than he could win in one race in Jamaica.

Bruce will probably run in the Caribbean Derby in Puerto Rico. Last year's race had a purse of USD $300,000

Bruce paid off bettors at 7-5, which is better odds than his fans could have had at Caymanas. That track is notorious for winners with odds of less than 1-1.
              Last edited by Bruce; April 21, 2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

LOL. funny. Now there is connections between T&T racers and they just might keep him to win the big races there.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X