• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Harbour girls in SI Faces in the crowd

September 28, 2009 Issue
    High School Video Face

Jeffrey Dubose
    WEST ST. PAUL, MINN. > Football

Jeffrey, a senior at St. Croix Lutheran High, ran for 315 yards and a school-record seven touchdowns in the first half of an 82-38 win over St. Paul Academy-Mounds Park Academy. A running back and linebacker, he leads the Crusaders with 641 yards rushing and 33 tackles. In 2008 he had 1,378 yards rushing, 16 TDs and 12 sacks.
    Click here to see video of Jeffrey Dubose on MaxPreps
    Elias Gedyon
    LOS ANGELES > Cross-country

Elias, a junior at Loyola High, broke his own course record at the Higashi Roman Memorial Run, taking first in the boys' varsity race (14:26) and finishing 50 seconds ahead of the runner-up. The 2008 Division II state cross-country champion, Elias won his second straight 800-meter title at the USA Track & Field National Junior Olympics this month.
    Kimberly Stevens
    EVANSTON, ILL. > Swimming

Stevens, a 43-year-old pharmaceutical rep, won five gold medals at the 2009 U.S. Masters National Long Course Championships. Competing in the 40-to-44 division, she won the 400- and 800-meter freestyle races and three relays: 400 medley, 400 free and 800 free mixed (men and women). Stevens also took silver in the 100 and 50 free, and bronze in the 200 free.
    Peg Kopec
    WHEATON, ILL. > Volleyball

Kopec, the girls' volleyball coach at St. Francis High, became the first coach in Illinois High School Association history to win 1,000 games in a single sport when the Spartans beat Chicago Christian 25-19, 25-22. In her 35 seasons at St. Francis, Kopec, 60, has led the program to eight state championships and a record of 1,008-228-2.
    Bobby Spence
    MOUNT PLEASANT, OHIO > Football

Bobby, a senior at Buckeye Local High, had two interceptions, an 85-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, a 25-yard TD catch, a 43-yard completion on a fake punt and 42 yards rushing in a 24-21 win over Martins Ferry High. The 2008 Ohio Division III co-defensive player of the year, Bobby, a safety, has four interceptions for the 4-0 Panthers.
    Shaneka and Shameka Gordon
    OLD HARBOUR, JAMAICA > Soccer

The Gordons, seniors at West Florida, led the No. 2 Argonauts to a 6-0 start. Shaneka, the 2008 Division II player of the year, was named Gulf South Conference player of the week after scoring two game-winners in three games. Shameka was the defender of the week for the second time in '09.
    From Top: Jeff Lemke; Chris O'Donnell; Ron Wesel; St. Francis High School; George Laase; John Blackie/UWF (2)

adsonar_placementId=1293034;adsonar_pid=770769;ads onar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=550;adsonar_zh=235;cnnad_createSL();

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/sco...#ixzz0S9cKVh93
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Nice Sickko! Great job discovering this! For an old guy your investigating reporting skills are still top notch. I read this same article and completely missed it. Maybe age and senility have caught up to me. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

erm, aahhmmm, well...actually a friend of mine who works at SI sent it to me and I thought I would share...for fuill disclosure....but who you a call old guy, nuh mix me up with Karl and Mosiah yah sah...LOL!
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        erm, aahhmmm, well...actually a friend of mine who works at SI sent it to me and I thought I would share...for fuill disclosure....but who you a call old guy, nuh mix me up with Karl and Mosiah yah sah...LOL!
        LOL...sorry Sickko. Yes you are still in the prime of your life. Not like those two old Shady Pines residents Karl and Mosiah. - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
          LOL...sorry Sickko. Yes you are still in the prime of your life. Not like those two old Shady Pines residents Karl and Mosiah. - T.K.
          Ah bwoy - for months while you were MIA - me think you were down @ Shady Pines too, or were you just hanging out at the SPA
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            In Shady Pines but with a young inquisitive mind!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tell im yuh gats spies!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X