No announcement yet.

Racers Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which respected paper, not Yuttie's favorite News of the World and Enquirer now, would take the work of a hack ahead of a professioanl journalist.

I have worked in news rooms for 27 years and I have seen quite a number of people who love the news and want to help but dont have a clue how to write and it is more headaches to take their work and you have to completely rewrite them which takes time and effort which a lot of editors might not have.

There is basically a form,ula for writing hard news, the 'inverted pyramid formula' which is not hard and fast but basically lead must have the five Ws- what, who, where, why, when and also how.

These must be established in the first three paragraphs

Lots of un-trained people write 'stories' in that they leave the lead and most important point for last as if they are writing a short story or novel..
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Since then however, Stephen Francis, in a television interview suggested the substance taken could in fact be used, as a masking agent.
      If Francis really made such a suggestion publicly....im deserve a beatin...straight.

In situation like this, as a prominent voice in Jamaican track...if one has noting good to say....shut the **************** up.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

heh heh! You and Baddaz sound alike dese days!
        heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sickko, where you are mistaken is assuming that someone who is willing to do the work without getting paid directly for it is a "hack". Nothing could be further from the truth.

Are you aware of how much of the software that runs the internet is available for free? And that billion-dollar companies like IBM had to change thier internet strategy to deal with this because it was so much better than what they were able to develop?

Have you seen some of the photography done by hobbyists on flickr,com , etc?

The internet continues to change everything boss.

BTW, some of the people who are functioning as citizen journalists are well trained. They just don't get direct payment from breaking the news , thats all. Reputation and a loyal following is much more valuable in the long run more than geting paid for a story.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It's not hard to keep on the straight and narrow, Baddaz. Is Baddaz mi a talk to, right?

I mean, when you think about it, how varied is your diet? I know mine ain't, and if I were an athlete I would know that I just couldn't go out and imbibe any and everything that's put in front of me.

And when it comes to supplements, the onus is really on the athlete to confirm them all before they even think about it!

Yes, what happened to these fellas could really have happened to anyone.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

stop insulting sickko like that...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

i think many people felt that way about franno when he went there... i think some of his people have told him to stay away from going down that road... it did not reflect positively on him as it made him look resentful and bad mind when he had more reasons to be appreciative of his own success with his athletes...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

straight!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No man, when I say 'hack' I mean some one untrained and unschooled in the art of proper writing not one who works for no pay.
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Must be the Baston accent..pawking the caw in the yawd.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Don't know if it was said before, but I can't believe Racers track club does not already have a medical staff to guide its athletes! Bolt could easily have been in this mix-up. (Matter of fact, not sure he wasn't. Yes, I said it!)

This is something that should have been taken care of a long time ago. Every Racers athlete should be monitored as to every solitary thing that goes into their bodies. Come on now, Glen, unnu fi do betta dan dat!
                        I also wondered how Bolt escape the muscle speed. If Mills was so sure that it was legal to the extend that he gave it to two athlete then why not give it to Bolt?
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

maybe they had a deficiency that bolt doesn't and therefore they needed the supplement.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Deficiency in fast twitchiing muscle speed - lol
                            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

i'm just sayin'.....das all!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X