X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain Bolt or Bob Marley

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/tools...nm.asp?bn=2516

Hmm,

Sorry but Highway 2000 should have gone to Bob Marley. Marley greater that Bolt at this stage.

Bolt honoured with Order of Jamaica, Highway 2000 to be renamed

CMC
    Posted: 9/15/2009 5:32:18 PM
    Usain Bolt will be awarded Jamaica’s fourth highest honour – the Order of Jamaica.

Jamaica Prime Minister Bruce Golding made the announcement during a sitting of the House of Representatives today.

The 23-year-old superstar sprinter will officially be known as The Honorable Usain St Leo Bolt, OJ.

Golding will also announce that Bolt will join fellow sports stars Merlene Ottey, Michael Holding, and Courtney Walsh as an Ambassador-at-Large with full diplomatic status.

In addition, the Jamaica Prime Minister will announce that Highway 2000 – the main thoroughfare that links several of Jamaica’s principal towns will be renamed the “Usain Bolt Highway”.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

No doubt, way too early. These guys are jumping the gub for what, this doan win no vote, I cannot understand how and people of even moderate vision could start even talking about this kind of thing as yet. It just shows how low we have come, wha dem used to say bout people who waan wear them new clothes too quick, yeah that is exactly what this is. That is not our style, but mebbe it change.

With more great exploits Bolt will be rememebered for a long time, Marley will probably be remembered forever, as long as humans exist, my guess is he will probably the only musician truly remembered and revered from the 20th century say 3-500 years from now.

Comment

Bolt more deserve this for 6 golds and 5 WRs!

This is beyond greatness. This is magnificence.

Comment

I laff when I see this - 5 WRs! Which 5 are those? He has 2 WRs and shares in another. Try disputing that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hmmmm yuh and 4 persons have shares in a company, when each person is declaring their assets they are precluded from listing the company as among their assets?

or even a joint bank account?!!!

i'm just trying to understand here...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...i'm lost too. are you discussing the relay record?

re the 100m and 200m records, can you understand why he only has 2 and not 4 world records?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do
              Do Ti La So Fa Mi Re Do
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

YES i'm discussing the relay record...a little (very little at that) deductive reasoning should have made that clear.

sure...there can only be 1 record at a time...he has the 2 fastest times in each.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

gwaan again about di relay record, cause mi nuh undastan yuh. i am not saying he can't claim to have the record in that, but that would not be quite correct. no one person can have a relay record. i hope you can appreciate that!

or were you really talking about tsa matters?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

all 4 can claim it individually and collectively as amongst medals and WR...

btw yuh hear mi seh tsa?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      all 4 can claim it individually and collectively as amongst medals and WR...
                      accepted!

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      btw yuh hear mi seh tsa?
                      don't know what could be festering!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

unless yuh a pig inna pig sty.......

Comment

mi fayva yuttie now?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yuh squeal just like him mi coulden tell di difference!

Comment

He SET 5 WRs.

Dispute that! LoL

Comment

Working...
                              X