Bolt fi Lang jump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt fi Lang jump?

man on KlassFM says with his speed...just get the technique - MUURDAH!!!

Seems possible to me! Speed and jumping high ...result in distance jumped!

Jump high your speed shall carry you far as your far goes!
    Last edited by Karl; August 27, 2009, 02:51 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      I hope not.
      There is always a greater chance of hurting ankles and knees than sticking to sprinting only!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Maybe he should also do the high jump, and with his long arms and speed in the circle do the discuss as well and who knows go to the Winter Olympics- imagine how fast he could get around the ice on skates.....sigh
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
          Maybe he should also do the high jump, and with his long arms and speed in the circle do the discuss as well and who knows go to the Winter Olympics- imagine how fast he could get around the ice on skates.....sigh

Wid those outstreched arms, him could even try the JAVELIN too
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

seen?
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Carl Lewis

Jesse Owens

Dis has been done b4, but with Bolt's success on the track, this would not be a good move.
              Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
              Mitty

Comment

i think the 400m is a better option.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hmmm this looking like a decatholon thing 'roundabout now!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Dang! Where you been boss?
                    But you right, having never done this before it might be too late for Usain to 'suddenly' learn the mechanics of long jump.

Also Carl and his twin sister Carol were outstanding long jumpers since high school.

I agree with Mosiah that the 400m is the most likely progression and he did say this a few times last year that he had a deal with Mills that if he was to win both titles this year, the 400m would be the next frontier for him
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

What about the ReggaeBoyz?

Comment

what about them?
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                          Dang! Where you been boss?
                          But you right, having never done this before it might be too late for Usain to 'suddenly' learn the mechanics of long jump.

Also Carl and his twin sister Carol were outstanding long jumpers since high school.

I agree with Mosiah that the 400m is the most likely progression and he did say this a few times last year that he had a deal with Mills that if he was to win both titles this year, the 400m would be the next frontier for him
                          He is not your average sprinter. He is far away TOP OF THE WORLD! With the speed he has merely jumping high going at his best speed would propel him very, very far!

The matter of long jump technique for someone with Bolt's speed would become critical if there were others with similar speed or had speed pretty close to his but could jump much higher off of that running start.

You get distance in the long jump based on the combination of your speed off the board and how long you can remain in the air. It is simple speed, height & balance (balance and height), ...landing with legs extended attempting to reach as far forward on touch down - collaspe on legs...attempting to break sand nearest to landing. Just practise and practise...practise and more practise...as you aim to get greatest distance/longest jump!

Comment

it sounds simple enough.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

True.

LJ will mash him up!

Comment

Working...
                              X