• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuttie you are freaking "jenius"

Spearmon christens Jamaican phenom 'Insane Bolt'

BY KAYON RAYNOR Senior staff reporter raynork@jamaicaobserver.com
    Friday, August 21, 2009
    BERLIN, Germany - None of the top four finishers in Usain Bolt's 200 metres world-record race, including Bolt himself, expected the clock to stop at 19.19 seconds in last night's final.
    When this reporter asked Bolt if he expected to run below 19.20 seconds, he replied: "No, I didn't have that on my mind, really. I just went out there to do my best. I tried and I got it right, so I'm just happy with myself."
    BERLIN, Germany - Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt poses beside the stadium clock after his superb 19.19-second world record win in the 200m final yesterday at the IAAF World Championships. (Photos: Bryan Cummings)
    That came as a surprise even from Bolt, who had clocked 9.58 seconds to establish a new 100 metres world record five days earlier.
    "I can definitely say that I was surprised, myself, to know that I did so well. I didn't know I was going to run so fast," he added.
    Running in lane five, Bolt covered the entire field within 90 metres before accelerating towards the line to stop the clock at 19.19 seconds. The sprinter chopped 0.11sec off his previous world mark established in the Olympic final last summer. His victory margin was 0.60 seconds ahead of second-place Alonso Edward of Panama, 19.81.
    "It felt great running with the fastest man alive. I didn't know he was going to run so fast," said Edward, who has a Jamaican mother.
    "He's the fastest man alive, so you never know what he will do, so I'm glad he got the world record," added the 19-year-old, who was overjoyed after posting a career best time.
    The victory makes Bolt the fourth athlete in history to complete the sprint double at the World Championships, after Maurice Greene in 1999, Justin Gatlin in 2005 and Tyson Gay in 2007.
    American Wallace Spearmon, who collected bronze with a season best time 19.85secs, was also surprised by Bolt's magnificent run.
    "Actually, I watched Euro Sport yesterday and Lolo Jones asked Usain, "Did you say you can break the world record?" and he said, 'No, I did not say that', so when I watched that I knew what was in store for the race. I expected it to be that fast," Spearmon said, disclosing that Bolt's nickname is 'Insane Bolt'.
    "That's what we call him from the USA now: Insane Bolt," Spearmon said. "It's another world-record race that I've been in. Usain Bolt's a great competitor; he's fast and he's what the world needs in track and field right now," Spearmon stated.
    Another American, Shawn Crawford who finished fourth with a season best 19.89, said he felt as if he was inside a video game during the race.
    "I always said when I first came into (track & field) that I wanted to run 18.99," said Crawford.
    "I said yesterday that I think Usain could run 19.20, so there it is. So coming out there, I was just waiting for the lights to flash and game over; because I felt like I was in a video game. That guy was moving!"
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

We all suspected that, didn't we! I bet he might Asafa's cousin too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Me naw go allow fe tek whey Yuttie shine. A him alone made the statement.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

i believe someone had made it long before. i had pointed out this guy's runs on the circuit some weeks ago and i believe someone had mentioned it from then.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

In fact, Gamma was the one who said. But it really doesn't take a genius to suspect such a thing! And Gamma sure ain't no genius!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

he ain't?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X