Shelly-Ann: 3rd Fastest Woman Ever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelly-Ann: 3rd Fastest Woman Ever!!

Shelly-Ann Fraser’s 10.73 seconds performance is important for several reasons. Three are:

1. It makes her the THIRD fastest woman in history!!
    Only Florence “Flo Jo” Griffith-Joyner and Marion Jones have ever gone faster!! France’s Christine Arron’s personal best is also 10.73, while Merlene Ottey’s personal best is 10.74.

2. Shelly-Ann now holds the Jamaica national record.

3. Shelly-Ann is the first Caribbean woman in history to be BOTH Olympic Games 100-meter champion and IAAF World Championships 100-meter champion. The only other Caribbean comparison, in this specific regard, is the Bahamas’ Tonique Williams-Darling who won the 400-meter gold at the 2004 Olympic Games and repeated as gold medalist in the 2005 IAAF World Championships 400-meter race.

Results: Women's 100-meter Race
    (Wind 0.1 meters per second)

Pos Athletes Mark
    1 Shelly-Ann FRASER JAM 10.73 WL
    2 Kerron STEWART JAM 10.75 PB
    3 Carmelita JETER USA 10.90
    4 Veronica CAMPBELL-BROWN JAM 10.95 SB
    5 Lauryn WILLIAMS USA 11.01 SB
    6 Debbie FERGUSON-MCKENZIE BAH 11.05
    7 Chandra STURRUP BAH 11.05
    8 Aleen BAILEY JAM 11.16

And, by the way, Historian’s prediction, which was made long before the flurry of predictions on this forum, went like this:

Gold: Shelly-Ann Fraser
    Silver: Carmelita Jeter
    Bronze: Kerron Stewart

Marion Jones and Flo'roids were both completely doped up.

Shelly-Ann is simply the fastest woman ever. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Told y'all that Jeter would tighten up. She just didn't tighten up enough so VCB could give us the sweep.

Darn!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Time got 1-2-3-4 !!
        Peter R

Comment

In my book Shelly is joint WR holder with Christine Aaron...
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

I Agree

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            In my book Shelly is joint WR holder with Christine Aaron...
            I was thinking the same thing this afternoon!!

Comment

Thanks, Peter R

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              Time got 1-2-3-4 !!
              I completely forgot about Time’s amazingly accurate prediction (he even did great on the times)!!

To accurately predict the first four positions is no mean feat! Thanks for reminding me of this prediction, Peter R, as I had somehow forgotten about it in today’s excitement.

Much respect, Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                I completely forgot about Time’s amazingly accurate prediction (he even did great on the times)!!

To accurately predict the first four positions is no mean feat! Thanks for reminding me of this prediction, Peter R, as I had somehow forgotten about it in today’s excitement.

Much respect, Time!
                Thanks - I also predicated the times using reasonable ranges
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                  Thanks - I also predicated the times using reasonable ranges
                  Good call, boss!
                  Yuh large!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That was my order too, but I hoped that Jeter would crack more so VC could sneak in.

Comment

I read this morning on the IAAF site that Shelly is the ONLY woman to hold both Olympic and WC 100m titles at the same time...WOW!
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

I hope she's sanctioned
                        Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                        Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Working...
                        X