No announcement yet.

Regarding the Camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

merlene and everbody in atlanta.....mi tiyad ah it! always pretty much the same thing which tells me that we are not into long term solutions just here and now and then revist the problem again...so it is in politics, cricket.....memba seh sports imitate life (or is it vice versa)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Frater reports to training camp

Frater reports to training camp
      ... but jury still out on attendance of MVP athletes

BY KAYON RAYNOR Senior staff reporter raynork@jamaicaobserver.com
      Sunday, August 09, 2009

IT'S still unclear whether MVP Track Club members Asafa Powell, Shelly-Ann Fraser, Melaine Walker, Brigitte Foster-Hylton and Shericka Willams will attend Jamaica's mandatory pre-World Championships Camp in Nuremberg, Germany.

Frater (foreground) in Nuremburg for relay practice, but it's unclear whether Powell (background) will turn up.
      The only MVP athletes to arrive on time at the training base at the Herzog Park Hotel on August 6 were Markino Buckley, Christine Day and Anneisha McLaughlin.

This reignited the controversy which rocked last year's Jamaica Amateur Athletics Association (JAAA)-organised pre-Olympic camp in Tianjin, China.
      President of the University of Technoloy (UTech)-based club, Bruce James, told the Sunday Observer yesterday that the decision as to whether the remaining athletes would turn up to the six-day camp rests with head coach Stephen Francis.

"That decision is left to the head of the MVP technical team, Stephen Francis," James stated.

The hotel staff confirmed that 2005 world 100m silver medallist Michael Frater arrived in Nuremberg yesterday, as was promised by his agent Paul Doyle a day earlier.

Meanwhile, James believes all must be done to ensure Jamaica maximise on its full potential at these global championships.

"It's time to put Jamaica first; not the JAAA's first, not MVP first. Jamaica first. And to put Jamaica first, it means doing what's in the best interest of the athletes," James added.

On Friday Doyle - the agent of former 100m world record holder Asafa Powell, Olympic 400m silver medallist Shericka Williams and two-time world 100m hurdle medallist Brigitte Foster-Hylton - confirmed his clients would not be attending the camp.

"... They're training in Italy and receiving treatment from the clinic there and getting their training in... and there's no reason for them to go to the camp early, and to be honest, JAAAs has never once sent a message to me that the camp was mandatory. Only the media has been telling me that it's mandatory," Doyle said.

The Sunday Observer was unable to reach any member of Jamaica's management team at the Herzog Park Hotel for an update on the situation yesterday.

On Friday, Jamaica's head of delegation/team manager to the 12th IAAF World Championship in Berlin, Trevor 'TC' Campbell, shied away from confirming whether members of the MVP Track Club had indeed failed to arrive at the camp on the prescribed date.

"I can't tell you anything else. You've spoken to the agent; that's what he's telling you... I'm not here to counter that, counteract it. I'm not here to add or subtract anything from it," Campbell said.

As a result, the Sunday Observer was unable to ascertain whether any other athlete outside the MVP Track Club had failed to arrive at camp as mandated by the JAAA.

On June 22, JAAA president Howard Aris, who had indicated that top coaches, including Glen Mills and Francis, were consulted during the selection process for the camp venue, said he believed things would go much smoother this summer as most of the athletes will be based in Europe in the lead-up to the Championships.

"They (athletes) are due in on the sixth (of August). They will be notified the moment the team has been selected and we'll make an announcement," Aris said at the time.

Last summer, several MVP athletes, including Powell, did not arrive on time at the pre-Olympic camp in Tianjin, sparking discontent within the team, including a war of words between Francis and the management team.
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Not at all.

Mills and Franno were very cordial till last year till an unrelated incident caused a cooling. They used to share techniques etc actively before this. If anything, Mills would be (one of the) the only coach he respects there.

I dont think there is any big animosity there at all. This is a MVP JAAA (underlings) thing.

I wont say much more as not everything good to talk good to eat. LoL

Comment

SHHHHH!

Si di hypocrite dem a galang suh!

There is MUCH more to this, but mi a gwaan cool.

Another disgrace is how dem hangle Blackwood ill di man retire in disgust!

Unno tink seh wi people dem easy???

Comment

VCB was reportedly 1 day late.

MVP (the rest) supposed to reach tomorrow.

Comment

Technically no power. Only moral suasion.

If Govt interferes, the country could be banned.

Check out Ghana and Iraq.

Comment

DQ and TEDDY!

Oh the things I heard about DQ. Mi nah seh nutten.

Comment

Sydney!!!!

Comment

Herb too when he was JAAA president before Teddy.

The drama with both male and female sprint relay teams at the LA Olympics in 1984 was mostly between Herb and DQ.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

awrite... nuh seh nutten more bout it sah... a juss jamaica mi a seh... an a dat mi want everybady fi a seh...
                      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

In 1988 when they left DQ at home, is Teddy get sued!

Comment

Tru talk.

Comment

While the Americans and the rest of the world watch us implode!!!

Shortly after the 2008 Beijing Olympic, an American journalist interviewed a high ranking ofiicial of the USTFA. Here is an excerpt.

Journalist, "Well Mr. Texas (name withheld on the condition of anonymity)now that the 2008 Olympic Games are history, I guess it would be safe to say that this was the USA's worse performance in history in terms of our on-the-track medal haul. What do you have to say about that?"

Mr. Texas, "We got our a sses kicked by the Jamaicans. Plain and straight. We had expected some stiffer competition but we were just blown away by how badly we performed in the shorter sprints".

Journalist, "Stiifer competition?" " Can you elaborate?"

Mr. Texas, "Well yes. We were predicting a lesser medal count at this Olympic after the whole Balco fiasco blew up in our face. That really hurt our athletic program, goddamn, our whole sporting industry! We figured that after the "clear" came to public attention, we would suffer some fallout come this Olympic. (Those damn Liberal p@ssies. We spent millions to remain undetected for all those years) That's why we went back to the drawing board and came up with a four-year plan."

Journalist, "A four-year plan?"

Mr. Texas, "Yes. A four-year plan. The USA will not allow a little n!gger infested rat-hole of a country like Jamaica steal our glory. We Will reclaim our God-given place at the top come 2012. You see, the Jamaicans were a big surprise. We always knew that they were good, but we had no idea that the were so good, especially that fcuking freak of nature Usain Bolt. I was in the VIP box for the 100m finals. I was absolutely gutted when I saw that little piece of sh!t beat his chest 20 meters from the finish line. I could not believe my eyes. I mean, the audacity of that little n!gger. It got even worse when he started to do that little chicken dance. I swear I saw him looked straight at me and started laughing. That dance was to mock me. I promise you that will never happen to me again. The USA will never be embarassed like that again. Not under my watch!"

Journalist, "So, can you give me more details about this four-year plan?"

Mr. Texas, "Sure can. Well you see, this plan comes in four phases. Phases 1 is already in play right now. Phase 1 is about controlling the media. It is the most integral part of the plan. It is now November and you notice that you have not heard or seen much of Mr. Bolt nor his achievements in our media. It's all about misdirection son. We already have our hero in Michael Phelps. We will continue to push Phelps to our public and let Mr. Bolt and his Jamaican teammates fall victim to their own demise. Because make no mistake, I can guarantee you that they will fall. Afterall, they are all n!ggers and history shows that n!ggers can't handle success. We will be there waiting and ready to broadcast it when they fall. Come 2011 we will start the PR campaign to peak in 2012. By the time the London Olympic comes around, we will have the biggest audience in primetime history watching the USA returning to glory." "Phase 2 is set for next year's World Championship in Berlin. Our plan is to have the remaining athletes from this year's Olympic under the 'guise' of 'reclaiming past glory'. It will be the first time that Team USA will be returning to Berlin since 1936. But the real plan is to phase out these athletes. We want to roll out our new "prottypes" by 2012. We will let the chips fall where they may next year in Berlin." "The most I can say about phase 3 is that, it took the authorities years to learn how to test for the "clear" and Blaco is one of thousands of labs in the USA. Track and field is not the only sport in the USA. Hell, it's not even a popular sport here and I have bigger more powerful people to answer to. That n!gger Trevor Graham cost us billions of dollars. Wasn't he Jamaican? The little @sshole." "Phase 4 will be implemented depending on how many gold medals we win come 2012. We should all be laughing our way to the bank. After 2012, the world will be say Bolt who?"

(The above is totally ficticious, and is the product of the very idle and frustrated mind of Jangle)
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                            X