Regarding the Camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the Camps

The threads are getting too long. Where is Historian in all of these debates?

Who has Jamaica's interest at heart? Who is going to step forward and admonish these little boys? Will it take the Prime Minister to step in to settle this impasse in Jamaica interest? This division between the MVP club and the JAAA has been allowed to go on for too long. Both sides are in the wrong. The JAAA is an Old Boys club and have a stranglehold on Jamaica's track and field, and Franno is going about dislodging them the wrong way. The bottomline is that the athletes need to participate for Jamaica's sake, and the matter dealt with head-on after the WC.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Nuh dat we said last year and they had meeting with Aris and we expected it was patched up???

I suspect that underlings are to blame.

Time to clean shop.

Again I ask, why we have 6 person coaching delegation? Fi do what exactly? And any of them are field event experts?

This is the pro level, not champs. Time for JAAA to drop one of those A's.

Comment

The issue of camps is not a secret, it was dealt with from long time and announcements were made as to where and when the camp would be from last year or whenever the decision was made to use this present site.

I recall that a delegation went to germany to look at several sites and this one was chosen for whatever reasons so camp site and date are nothing new.

As for Doyle coming out and saying they were not told the camps were mandatory is easy to prove wrong or right so no use wasting time on that little matter.

Why is it we never hear Bolt's camp or VCB's camps or any other for that matter in any cass cass?

Fine so Mills is in league with the JAAA so they get what they want as I am sure we will hear but what about VCB's camp, I know they are not that tight with the JAAA but we never hear any public things with them.

Not to say there are not problems but they seem to be able to deal with them behind closed doors.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Mills is the HEAD coach. Why neglect to mention that?

VCB is with Brauman of the USA, same as Tyson Gay and Aleen B.

Comment

I thought Tyson was now with Drummond?!? Anyway, I digress.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Half and half.

Comment

This whole drama, first with the drug incident and now this, is what makes Jamaicans that live overseas drop their hands on Jamaica. I am not at that point (actually very far)....yet, but I am starting to get those same feelings like how I felt about WI cricket some years ago. Now, I couldn't care less about cricket. Why do we keep holding back ourselves as a nation? It is the common thread throughout our soceity. We lack leadership and accountabitlity. We are on the threshold of achieving greatness as a nation and the few are holding the nation and her people's dreams at ransom. I guess it's going to take another 400 years to purge ourselves from the brainwashing job done on us by whites. So sad.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Should the Minister of Sports step in to resolve this issue?

Comment

question to willi... is it because mills is the head coach why we are repeatedly having this dissent and defiance from mvp...

do you think franno feels slighted at not being the head coach after the years of success by his stable of athletes...

i am at a loss considering that he is not the only coach with successful athletes on the jamaica team...

would mvp choose the same tact if they had americans in their club and the usa called for a mandatory camp...

i am only trying to gain an understanding and i believe you may have some insight...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

someone should! this is very important!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why stop there? Lets get PJ to form a committee and write a report with proposals on how to resolve this issue. Get the House to debate it and the PM to appoint someone to oversee the process.

Isn't this how the problems of WI cricket are being addressed?
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Don't know nor do I care about WI cricket. But you know that.

We need to take this matter seriously because sports, and T&F is our brightest start, does more for Jamaica than we realise.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wow so VCB and Aleen B not there along with MVP and we want to persecute MVP.Look MVP brought home the most goals for us , if its all about Bolt/Mills tell dem expect a lawsuit .

How can you sanction one club and not VCB club ? It shows a bias doesnt it ?

But hey the headline is all about MVP !
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Just tired of the annual almshouse before a major meet. Been going on from the clashes between DQ and Herb Mac in the 70s and 80s.

Not a big fan of the involvement of politicians in these things but I suppose its all part of our love for crisis (mis)management.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                              Wow so VCB and Aleen B not there along with MVP and we want to persecute MVP.Look MVP brought home the most goals for us , if its all about Bolt/Mills tell dem expect a lawsuit .

How can you sanction one club and not VCB club ? It shows a bias doesnt it ?

But hey the headline is all about MVP !
                              Who said they are not in Numberg?
                              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X