Alexandria Anderson (USA)
    Aleen Bailey (Jam)
    Veronica Campbell-Brown (Jam)
    Stephanie Durst (USA)
    Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie (Bah)
    Shelly-Ann Fraser (Jam)
    Laverne Jones-Ferrette (USVI)
    Chandra Sturrup (Bah)

For me, the women’s 100-meter dash will be the event to watch, and for obvious reasons!! Unfortunately, Carmelita Jeter and Kerron Stewart are not included, otherwise this would have been a virtual IAAF World Championships in July (minus Stephanie Durst and Aleen Bailey, of course)!!

Women’s 400-meter Hurdles
    Most of us will no doubt be paying close attention to the one-lap hurdles event as both Melaine Walker and Kaliese Spencer will be going against USA powerhouse hurdler Lashinda Demus. Also on the track will be the USA’s Sheena Tosta and Tiffany Ross.

Women’s 100-meter Hurdles
    The lineup in this event looks like a darn IAAF World Championships Part II, July version, only probably a bit more exciting!!. Brigitte Foster-Hylton is the lone Jamaican entrant, but this power-packed lineup includes the USA’s Dawn Harper, Lo Lo Jones, Michelle Perry and Virginia Powell, Canada’s Priscilla Lopes, and Australia’s Sally McLellan. Can it really get any better than this?!

Women’s 800-meter Race
    Kenia Sinclair will be competing in this event. Interestingly, there are no Kenyans entered.

Men’s 400-meter Hurdles
    Isa Phillips and Danny McFarlane will be going up against top USA hurdlers kerron Clement, Bershawn Jackson and Angelo Taylor. Others include South Africa’s L.J. van Zyl.

Josef Robertson will be in the “B” race in this event.

Men’s 100-meter Dash
    There will probably be no great Jamaican interest here, as none of our men are entered. Now, if one should take out the Netherland Antille’s Churandy Martina, then this will look like a USA (5 athletes) versus Trinidad (Armstrong and Burns) event.

The meet should be live here - http://www.universalsports.com/media...b_oem_id=23000
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Women's 100

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Thanks, Karl .

Trust me, it is with a great deal of anticipation that I await that women’s 100-meter dash! We will see exactly where Shelly-Ann and Veronica are at this time in this event. Keep an eye on “old woman” Chandra Sturrup as well. She has been running very well this season, and at almost 38 years of age has already turned in two sub-11 seconds. Her compatriot Debbie Ferguson, who I have already pegged for a bronze in the 200-meter race in Berlin, is also, at 33 years of age, no slouch in the 100-meter.

On another note, isn’t it ironic that we have no men slated for the 400-meter race? Signs of the times?

Comment

why does your subject heading say RESULTS and then shows VCB behind aileen bailey and some other athlete? even worse shelly ann is sixth!!!!???

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Re: Results

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          why does your subject heading say RESULTS and then shows VCB behind aileen bailey and some other athlete? even worse shelly ann is sixth!!!!???
          Gamma, there is no mistake. I’m suggesting that results and comments be posted in THIS thread. The entry list that you’re looking at is a simple alphabetical listing of the women! In fact, if you look at the fourth line from the top, it says in bold letters, “Updated IAAF Entry List”!

Comment

mi realise dat....NOW! at best it was confusing as it wasn't clear that you were asking for PREDICTIONS.....my prediction ..... SAF/VC then everybody else in a bungle!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not Predictions!

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              mi realise dat....NOW! at best it was confusing as it wasn't clear that you were asking for PREDICTIONS.....my prediction ..... SAF/VC then everybody else in a bungle!
              Gamma, this is getting amusing. I was NOT asking for predictions, boss, and I sincerely apologize for the confusion my post obviously caused! (I simply slipped in one or two personal predictions to enliven my post.) This thread was originally meant for results to be posted, in order to avoid Monaco results and discussions scattered about randomly in other threads.

Unfortunately, this thread has already started to become crowded and the events haven’t even started as yet.

Comment

Yes Historian, yuh confused the hell out of me!!! I nearly ****************ed myself thinking that I missed the Meet. Bad, bad boy
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

go to http://www.channelsurfing.net/ and select to IAAF super grand prix.

yo get everymeet pan dis
                  Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                  Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    Thanks, Karl .

Trust me, it is with a great deal of anticipation that I await that women’s 100-meter dash! We will see exactly where Shelly-Ann and Veronica are at this time in this event. Keep an eye on “old woman” Chandra Sturrup as well. She has been running very well this season, and at almost 38 years of age has already turned in two sub-11 seconds. Her compatriot Debbie Ferguson, who I have already pegged for a bronze in the 200-meter race in Berlin, is also, at 33 years of age, no slouch in the 100-meter.

On another note, isn’t it ironic that we have no men slated for the 400-meter race? Signs of the times?
                    These give me 'heartburn' -
                    1. 100M Women: I am biased - VC and Kerron Stewart...but I tihnk,
                    - VC will not win. In fact, it is highly possible that she comes 4th or 5th.

Why?

A matter of the mind. Mental approach to her start in the 100M. She certainly shall not be the last to start like a bullet out of a gun at the start of a 200M and just sits in the blocks in the 100M. She needs a great start here and then to run a PB to win. Kerron and Shelly-Ann are in form and even a PB by VC may not do the trick for her.

Aside: Incidentally Bolt also does that sitting in the blocks in the 100M. The difference with Bolt is when he gets going he is 'miles faster' than any other person on this earth and thus has a great chance of catching and passing all others. Hey!...he has been doing that all season.

I digress...but it will be interesting to see what happens if Asafa and Tyson Gay both or either gets a 'flyer' (not 'pick start'...but great start) in that Worlds 100M. Will Bolt still get them?

...that World 100M record shall be in danger! I am licking my chops...just thinking on the type race we could see.

Kerron: I thought was the class of the Women 100M Olympic field. I felt it for her when she was left in the blocks. ...but that run was fantastic. In Beiijing she 'hauled' the entire field back by yaaaaaaaaaaaaards! This year she appears more focused and she is running just as well as she ran that Olympic 100M. Surely eliminating that terrible reaction time and using the time she actually started to run through when she flashed by the finish line that Olympic 100M would have been in just about a 10.75sec range. She has already run that 10.75 secs this season. Can she run under 10.70? Is she in that type form? I think so!

A good start and she should win comfortably! She would deserve it. It would go a far way to make up for the pain she felt in Beiijing. So Kerron I think shall win.

Shelly-Ann 2nd.

100M Men: As explained above - Will Bolt catch Gay and Asafa.

4 x 100M Women: Good passing of the baton and we win in World Record time. Adequate passing and we still threaten the World Record...but even thinking of our passing has me breaking out in 'cold sweat'.

4 x 100M Men: Good baton changes will see us home and another World Record. Adequate baton changes we win and still the World record is threatened.
                    ...but there is the rub, 'the changes'?

At the Olympics our changes were safe changes. Will our men go for 'excellent changes' where the difference between good passes and disaster is but the blink of an eye apart? 36.90+ World record or striving for 35.90+?

35.90+? Incredible?
                    Yup! ...we have the 'wheels' and with perfect changes we can do it...but...Bwoy??? ...more 'cold sweat'!

NB: The above assumes all our runners remain healthy and available.
                    Last edited by Karl; July 28, 2009, 11:15 AM.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Now I am confused!

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      Yes Historian, yuh confused the hell out of me!!! I nearly ****************ed myself thinking that I missed the Meet. Bad, bad boy
                      Now you gentlemen are confusing me! Jangle, I thought you guys visited some of the organized track and field forums regularly! If you did, you must surely have realized that the normal practice is generally to post the entire starting list for a meet at the beginning of the thread!!

Originally posted by Yuttie
                      go to http://www.channelsurfing.net/ and select to IAAF super grand prix.

yo get everymeet pan dis

Thanks, Yuttie, I appreciate the link , but I don’t really have a problem in getting results (I have several means of getting results) -- although I realize that your posted link will quite likely be helpful to other members of this forum.

Rather, what I was doing was attempting to provide a single thread on this forum for discussion, but it seems all I did was cause chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        100M Men: As explained above - Will Bolt catch Gay and Asafa.
                        Karl, stop trying to make the 100m more exciting that it is. Bolt will catch and pass Gay and Asafa without a sweat.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just busting your chops Historian. Here are some results

Full results..............
                          Tue Jul 28, 2009 20:38

Rank Athlete Nation Result Reaction time
                          1 DEMUS, Lashinda
                          USA

MR,WL 52.63
                          2 WALKER, Melaine
                          JAM

SB 54.20
                          3 LUCAS, Josanne
                          TRI

4 SPENCER, Kaliese
                          JAM

PB 54.33
                          5 WILLIAMS ROSS, Tiffany
                          USA

SB 54.50
                          6 TOSTA, Sheena
                          USA

7 HEJNOVÁ, Zuzana
                          CZE

PB 54.90
                          8 JESIEN, Anna
                          POL

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

SAF in 10.91....VCB 3rd in 11.03. Not a good race by VCB. SAF looked very easy.

Comment

Well, Veronica came third. Shelly Ann won in 10.91 secs. Think it was Debbie Ferguson second.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X