Bolt set for London relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt set for London relay

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=23000&ATCLID=3760875

LONDON (Reuters) -- Triple Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt will run in the 4x100 meters relay as well as the individual 100m at the London Grand Prix later this month, organizers said on Monday.

Bolt was part of the Jamaican team that broke the sprint relay world record in Beijing and will be running in his first relay in Britain.

The Jamaican had already signed up for the individual 100m, on Friday July 24, and will race the relay on the following day of the two-day event.

The Jamaican relay team will be made up of athletes from the Racers Track Club and are all sub-10 second athletes from Glenn Mills' (Bolt's coach) training group.

"The London Grand Prix is an important part of my preparation for the world championships. To be racing at Crystal Palace in two different events over the two days will be the ideal tune up for me ahead of Berlin (world championships)," Bolt said in a statement.

"My performance at last weekend's Jamaican national championships, where I won the sprint double and ran a world leading time in the 100m, was very pleasing so I hope I can take that form into both events in London.

"Coach Mills has assembled a strong 'Racers Track Club' Jamaican team for the 4x100m relay. We already hold the fastest time in the world this year and hope to go faster in Crystal Palace."
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Working...
X