Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraser beat Kerron?!! Wow!

Fraser 10.88, Kerron 10.93

Bolt win 100 in 9.86, Powell 9.97 and Frater 10.02.

Isa Phillips wins 400 H in 48.05 fastest time of the year. Where di youth come from? Walker wins 400 H in slow time 54.whole heap.

Comment

I told you Fraser was tough

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      Fraser 10.88, Kerron 10.93

Bolt win 100 in 9.86, Powell 9.97 and Frater 10.02.
      That chich has the heart of a lion and the leg of a cheetah.
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

It's all in the start. When I saw the semifinal I knew Kerron was going to have a tough time. Shelly-Ann probably has the best start in all T&F, men or women! Kerron did great to close a 8m gap to 1/2 a meter, but...

Anyday Kerron can get a start that is half as good as Shelly-Ann, it's over!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Note, she does not have a great reaction time, but her block clearance and first few steps are incredible.

This is what makes her deadly, as she does not rely on RT.

Come Berlin, se will make up for the 1 month appendectomy layoff and have better speed endurance to hold off all comers.

Comment

He was WL from earlier too. 48.36s in Brazil meet a month ago.

Comment

Converted to 0 wind..SAF 10.77s and KS 10.82s!!!!!!

Comment

Wow! I see a clean sweep in this event again! Sorry, Historian!!

Let's hope they can ge the gold in the relay as well. They need to protect the baton. Once they keep it, it's over!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL Mosiah

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Wow! I see a clean sweep in this event again! Sorry, Historian!!

Let's hope they can ge the gold in the relay as well. They need to protect the baton. Once they keep it, it's over!
                  No problem, boss. Believe me when I say that I want a “clean sweep” just as much as you do! (I still occasionally watch that Beijing Olympic Games women’s 100-meter race! In fact, the last time I watched that race was two nights ago, Saturday night right before going to sleep.)

Nevertheless, regardless of how desperately I want a clean sweep once again by our Jamaican women, conventional wisdom tells me that it is probably not likely to be repeated by any country anytime soon (lol). On the other hand, we have “clean sweep” precedents in other events, for example the USA men’s 200-meter 1-2-3-4 clean sweep at the 2005 IAAF World Championships, and more recently the USA 1-2-3 clean sweep in the men’s 400-meter race last year in Beijing.

When one considers the two examples of precedents I mentioned above, therefore, we begin to see that my argument against the possibility of another clean sweep in the women’s 100-meter dash becomes probably a somewhat weak argument. I think it’s probably best, therefore, for me not to say anything more on the subject lest I become Mosiah’s and the forum’s whipping boy after Shelly-Ann Fraser, Kerron Stewart and Veronica Campbell-Brown (in whatever order) storm past the finish line in Berlin before anybody else .

In fact, the more I think about it, the more the possibility of another clean sweep by Jamaica (not any 1-2-2, as that will NEVER happen again, but rather, a 1-2-3) becomes real in my eyes! I hope we are right!

By the way, we should be careful not to make the mistake of thinking that our only opponents are Carmelita Jeter, Muna Lee and Lauryn Williams. Great female sprinters are not limited to Jamaica and the USA .

Comment

Ah glad yuh seeing it.

If Kerron had run the 200m, perhaps a double sweep was in order too, despite Felix.

Ours girls are B_A_D!

Comment

Who else except for a drugged up Nestarenko (and retired Arron) showed anything in the last years, outside of Jam/US/Bah?

Although I must say that the likeliest spoiler in Berlin is K-A. Baptiste from TnT!!!

Comment

Agree to Some Extent

Originally posted by Willi
                        Who else except for a drugged up Nestarenko (and retired Arron) showed anything in the last years, outside of Jam/US/Bah?

Although I must say that the likeliest spoiler in Berlin is K-A. Baptiste from TnT!!!

Yep, a NCAA-free Kelli-Ann Baptiste of Trinidad & Tobago quite possibly will spring a major surprise! I certainly will not be writing Kelli-Ann off!

Your comments about the 100-meter women’s events, with the exception of Yuliya Nesterenko, being limited over the past many years (since 1984 in fact) to women from the USA, Jamaica, the Bahamas and, in the case of Christine Arron, France, is correct as far as the Olympic Games are concerned. In addition, in looking at the 200-meter event, we can add another Frenchwoman, Jose Marie Perec, who won at the 1996 Olympic Games.

Note also that, with specific regards to the Olympic Games during this period, Yuliya Nesterenko was the only Caucasian woman to have won a 100-meter race gold medal.

You used the words “last years”, and we see that things are slightly different as far as the IAAF World Championships are concerned. You might recall that Zhanna Pintusevich-Block of the Ukraine won the gold medal in the women’s 100-meter dash just eight years ago (the 2001 IAAF World Championships), and prior to that she had won the 200-meter race gold medal at the 1997 IAAF World Championships in Athens.

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        Ah glad yuh seeing it.

If Kerron had run the 200m, perhaps a double sweep was in order too, despite Felix.

Ours girls are B_A_D!
                        Always remember that an athlete with “fresh legs” has an advantage over an athlete who has been through the rounds of a previous event! A case in point is Kerron Stewart last year, who entered the 200-meter race after completing seven rounds (four 100’s and three 200’s). Veronica Campbell-Brown and Allyson Felix, in comparison, had not run the 100-meter dash and so were entering the women’s 100-meter race with only three rounds of running under their belt!

Comment

Last years meant the last 10 or so. I forgot about Zhanna, but nuh Remi Korchemny coached her??? Nuh him coach Chambers?

You are correct about freshness, but I am not worried about VC this trip. She now knows what it takes.

Comment

Mark Block?

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                            Last years meant the last 10 or so. I forgot about Zhanna, but nuh Remi Korchemny coached her??? Nuh him coach Chambers?

You are correct about freshness, but I am not worried about VC this trip. She now knows what it takes.
                            Thanks for clarifying the “last years” reference.

Willi, I’m usually very careful about making drug accusations (I know from your posts next door that you are careful as well), but I must admit that like you, I’ve never had a reason to regard Zhanna as a drug-free athlete, and her coach (who you mentioned) is one of my reasons.

What I’m not sure of though, and maybe you can help me, is this: was her American husband Mark Block her coach during 1997 and 2001? This is a genuine question as I cannot remember exactly when Remi entered the picture.

By the way, I fully agree with your statement on a more experienced Veronica this year (although sadly, she faltered in 2005 and 2007).

Comment

Not sure, but both were coaching her at some point.

I didnt accuse, I just drew an obvious correlation.

I like Zhanna, but then there are certain associations...

Nestarenko was something else though. Insulted the intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                              X