• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Gay ready for Bolt

Published on: 22nd June, 2009....7 views

Tyson Gay ready for Bolt | read this item

Related News
    By Eron Samuels, TrackAlerts.com

USA - Defending 100m and 200m World Champion Tyson Gay believes he is ready to challenge Usain Bolt and defend both his titles at the World Championships later this year.

Coming off a dazzling 19.58 secs performance last month in New York, the third fastest time ever to be run over the 200m, he believes he is ready to stave off the challenge of Usain Bolt from taking his 100m and 200m World Championship crowns.

He is training his mind to be more powerful than his body because he knows that beating Usain Bolt is no easy task.

He stated that last year he worked hard but still came up short, due to an injury at the 2008 USA Olympic Trials. This year he said he is working harder. He said on days when he feels sluggish or tired he still pushes at training and the resulting good times that he produces, surprises both him and his coach. This is one of the main reasons he knows he is in better shape this year.

google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
    "With a few weeks out (before Worlds), I am running fast times in practice, I know I am ready," he said.

He motivates himself to train harder by reflecting on last years setbacks. "I just told myself I have to do it (work harder)," he added.
    He is not sure however if he will run more than one round in the 100m at the US trials. Being the defending World Champion, he has automatic qualification spots for the 100m and the 200m races in Berlin, so he has the option whether to go all the rounds at USA’s trials or not. Regardless however, he believes he is ready to take on the world and Usain Bolt.
    Last edited by Karl; June 22, 2009, 08:26 PM.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Sure he is ready to take on Bolt...and to lose the 200M & the 4 x 100M...

...and most likely the 100M!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Dont tek you eye off Asafa....

Comment

sigh...here we go again!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wonder how much them pay him for the pr

Comment

i hope as much as i used to get for maestro! and dem have more money!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LoL

Awright sah. Ah guess you are not a possumist!

We will see. 2 days to go...

Comment

Working...
              X