Well, Sri Lanka got it going in the end, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Sri Lanka got it going in the end, but

if they offered me 158 and I didn't have Edwards I would have taken it.

Going to take some getting though, the Sri Lanka bowling tough, tough!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

tuff..wily and experienced (jaya and murali) den dere is slinga malinga .... we have some good players of spin,,shanders, sars and bravo. but pollard and gayle need fi come to the party...i don't see marshall getting the better of this bowling to be honest.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

so said so done!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Speechless!!!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Look like we going to break the record.

Comment

mi ********************! it done...1 run for 3 wickets off the first over??!!!! no way wi can come back...NONE!!

Comment

Look like we can't see the ball. It must be Marshall or Waquar bowling.

Comment

This is some damn good bowling though. GIve them credit.

Comment

Fluff bowling. We kill ourselves. Standard medium pace fluff.

Comment

No Willi, not true at all. They got lucky with some of the early wickets but don't mek the medium pace fool you. Very difficult to get them away and the batsmen know it will not get easier when the spinners come on. They have been doing it all tournament.

Comment

I walk out mi house as the first ball bowl (our innings) get to the car to hear 1 wicket down..noise from inside my house as my car radio not working...I say to myself...no biggie...we can deal with this... I reach Exile's place... 5 minutes drive if that...him say tek a drink is 1 for 3...of course I don tek him on...tink him jokin... then I realize the truth..ah wha F jus happen??

It was only hope against hope I had...the mountain was too much and nobody wanted to step up to the plate with the Captain...

All in all tho' we did not perform badly, but we have work to do.
                      Overall for the tournament we averaged about a 6.8 out of 10 per player..if we can get to 7.5 average we could be a consistent force.

Simmons has lots of potential, Bravo is doing well, could still do better: Marshall must take a long vacation, and invite Fletcher to join him. Sarwan and Chanderpaul are ok but T20 is not their bag; but we can't do without them. Gayle is Gayle, without him we done. (even tho' I called for his (test) head, I am willing to forgive). Ramdin we have to keep, his batting is way below par but we have no keeper? Sammy, needs work especially batting...Taylor Benn and Edwards have their pick assured for me. We should have brought in Dwayne(?) Smith and /or even Nash for this tournament.

The WICB should pick up the slack that Stanford left behind...forget the $1M purses but make the money attractive enough that the interest will be there...in the cricketing world maybe our niche is T20 cricket and that's where we should be focussing energies?? Gamma? Test is still the best, so I would have to settle for watching other, better teams play and accept that Windies test cricket will remain mediocre...

Does the WICB have any plan for Windies cricket? at all levels?
                      Peter R

Comment

plu there was pressure to score offa him because medis, murali and malinga were to come.

xavier marshall's inclusion was a mytery to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X