No announcement yet.

Campbell-Brown out…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerron is the favourite and VC can shock. 2 good shots to one good American showing. Put Likkle SAF in the pot and we are strong.

Comment

Aren't there rounds in the 100m at Trials? She don't need to do all those rounds for the 100m plus rounds for the 200m. The US women must not be taken lightly. Muna Lee has been doing good times also. Basically, both Jamaica and the USA are on par in the women's 100m. They have Jeter and we have Kerron, then throw in the rest and it's hard to separate us.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

for the 100...kerron and veronica should defintiely be among the favourites...kerron HUNGRY bad! and i would think that it is not beyond the realm of possibility of a 1-2 ..... shelly ann could be 3.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good Observation, Jangle

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          The US women must not be taken lightly. Muna Lee has been doing good times also. Basically, both Jamaica and the USA are on par in the women's 100m. They have Jeter and we have Kerron, then throw in the rest and it's hard to separate us.
          Thank you for this input, Jangle. You are making sense here.

All that I’ve been suggesting to overly nationalistic posters is that it is too early to start making predictions!! Kerron entered the Olympic Games last year as the overall favorite (despite the 10.78 by Torri Edwards at the US trials), but did Kerron capture the gold medal? Many Jamaicans were crying for Shelly-Ann’s blood, saying that the talented young lady should be the one left off the team (despite running 10.85 for second place at our trials), but guess who became the first Caribbean woman in history to win an Olympic Games gold medal in the 100-meter dash?!

(By the way, being “overly nationalistic” is actually an excellent thing quality, except for a few occasions such as when it leads to previews so one-sided that they ignore obvious factors.)

We ignore sprinters such as Muna Lee, Carmelita Jeter and Lauryn Williams to our peril. Have we been watching Carmelita in 2009? When Melaine Walker was dominating the 400-meter hurdles all season in 2008, was anybody talking about her peaking too early? Yet, I’m sure there will be some who will say that non-Jamaican Carmelita Jeter has peaked! Nonsense! Do we recall the battle in the women’s 100-meter dash in Osaka (2007) for the gold medal? Are we aware that Lauryn Williams is similar to Veronica Campbell in that both are “big meet performers”?

My posts above have been consistent in the suggestion that we at least await the results of both trials before we start making elaborate predictions!

Comment

lighten up man!!! wi basically predicting what we want to see happen. outside of what you mentioned anything can happen on the day...disqualification, pulling up, getting sick....

as an "overly nationalistic" jamaican (what/who else am i gonna be?) my prediction is my wishlist and it is not too farfetched! in my widest dreams i would not have DARED to hope that we would have done 1/2/2 for women and 1/3 for the men in 100 at the last olympics.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

LOL

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              lighten up man!!! wi basically predicting what we want to see happen. outside of what you mentioned anything can happen on the day...disqualification, pulling up, getting sick....

as an "overly nationalistic" jamaican (what/who else am i gonna be?) my prediction is my wishlist and it is not too farfetched! in my widest dreams i would not have DARED to hope that we would have done 1/2/2 for women and 1/3 for the men in 100 at the last olympics.
              You got me this time, Gamma! I certainly can’t argue with what you’ve said in your post ! In fact, more than anything else I, too, would want a 1-2-3-4 for Jamaica in the women’s 100-meter dash!

By the way, I’m more fervently nationalistic than it seems from my posts here, but at the same time I try my best to add some amount of objectivity to my input. But make no mistake about it, I’m nationalistic to the point where I have lost interest in a regional cricket team, preferring instead to see the day come when we have a Jamaican cricket team where the very best Jamaicans would be found, and which would whip the asses of the Australians, Brits, Indians, etc. often.

But I digress….

Comment

mi get yuh boss...this is the one place where being unrealistically nationalistic is not only acceptable..it is encouraged!!!!

Comment

Hey Historian, plagarism is a crime . That's my line. Yuh always talk like seh yuh come fram good school. Which school yuh used to go, because yuh sound like an intelligent Calabar Old bwoy!!!

"the day come when we have a Jamaican cricket team "
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

er...we do have a jamaican cricket team!

Comment

LOL

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      Hey Historian, plagarism is a crime . That's my line. Yuh always talk like seh yuh come fram good school. Which school yuh used to go, because yuh sound like an intelligent Calabar Old bwoy!!!

"the day come when we have a Jamaican cricket team "
                      LOL Jangle. I have no problem plagiarizing that line, because it indeed sounds good! Also, it makes a great deal of sense, as you’ve indicated !

What many people don’t realize that, small size notwithstanding; it’s very unusual to have a regional team of any sort. We don’t find regions having a soccer or athletics or basketball or whatever team! The only one I can recall, in fact, is the Unified Team of the eastern bloc (former communist satellite countries) during the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona! Therefore, why should I as a proud Jamaican jump for joy when I see a team, which could easily be made up of Jamaican nationals only, involving people who don’t necessarily like us (the Trinis, Barbadians, etc.)?

Yep, the Jamaican cricket team sounds great!

Gamma, I know (and I’m sure Jangle does too) that we have a Jamaican cricket team (lol)! What I meant (and most likely Jangle as well) is a cricket team comprised of top Jamaicans like Gayle and Powell and the rest, and leave the West Indies cricket team to the Trinis and the Bajans and the Guyanese and the Grenadians and the others. I’m serious! First, Jamaica should pull out of this talk-shop popularly known as CARICOM, then we should pull out of West Indies cricket!

Regionalism has its benefits, and so it’s only fair that Prime Minister Patrick Manning should be allowed to freely form his new “intra-CARICOM” union with the eastern Caribbean.

Comment

Hmmm, not sure anyone has made elaborate predictions, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility that we can sweep the event.

Still hoping and expecting a sweep!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                          But make no mistake about it, I’m nationalistic to the point where I have lost interest in a regional cricket team, preferring instead to see the day come when we have a Jamaican cricket team where the very best Jamaicans would be found, and which would whip the asses of the Australians, Brits, Indians, etc. often.

But I digress….
                          Been saying this for years!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We aggo sweep or at least get gold and 1 other medal.

This may shock you all, but I think VC gonna win the 100m and get silver in the 200m.

I was right about her last year and I feel a similar prediction vibe this year as well.

Kerron will medal going 100m and 200m as well.

Comment

You also were way off on Asafa.

Comment

Who yuh talking?

Comment

Working...
                                X