RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veronica Campbell. Is she our greatest sprinter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuh mean female sprinter right?

Causen seh BOLT is the greatest sprinter of all time. No ifs ands or buts to me!

Comment

Evelyn Ashford was a class act, one of my all-time favourite US athletes along with Edwin Moses.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm sure he meant female

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Yuh mean female sprinter right?

Causen seh BOLT is the greatest sprinter of all time. No ifs ands or buts to me!
        Willi, I strongly suspect that Jangle was referring to female sprinters.

Now, this statement of mine is not meant to take anything whatsoever away from Usain Bolt, whom I too regard as the greatest sprinter of all times, regardless of country (even Tom Hammond and At Boldon virtually stated this straight out during NBC’s coverage in Beijing when NBC presented that dramatic illustrated comparison of Jesse Owens, Carl Lewis and Usain Bolt). However, we should also recognize that a major disadvantage Veronica Campbell will always have when compared with male sprinters is Flo Jo’s 100-meter and 200-meter world records! Those two records, to me, are the most impossible track records to break (certainly even more than the women’s 400-meter world record).

So, while the male world records in every sprint and hurdles events can be broken in our lifetime, I fear the same cannot be said of Flo Jo’s two records.

Comment

Well, until Bolt broke Michael Johnson's record, we, or rather I thought the 200M and 400M records could never be broken without the use of drugs. That being said, these records were still within a reasonable reach, but the women's 100m & 200m now.........that's a different story.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Women 200m can be broken. The 100m record was wind aidede.

19.30 is not a time, it is a date for the Great Drepession!

Comment

A Quick Reply....

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              Women 200m can be broken. The 100m record was wind aidede.

19.30 is not a time, it is a date for the Great Drepession!
              Willi, I’m dashing out now, but I’ll check back (in case of replies) tomorrow morning. Of course that 100-meter world record record by Flo Jo was wind-aided!! All track and field fans by now (after some twenty years) surely have realized this, including the descriptions of those wildly waving flags and so on!

On the other hand, the women’s 200-meter time cannot be as easily beaten as is sometimes claimed!! In fact, I will go on record now as stating that Veronica Campbell is almost certainly a greater athlete than our great Asafa Powell. Yet, Veronica has never even gone close to any world record in the sprints!

I agree that Usain’s 19.30 is “not a time, it is a date for the great depression,” but we have our leanings, and my personal special interest will always be towards the Jamaican women who, without question, have been the great performers since they were FULLY released on the international scene a mere two decades ago!

Veronica Campbell ran her heart out in Beijing, but ended up running only 21.74 seconds, the seventh fastest 200-meter women’s time in history! Was Veronica not an incredible champion? Of course she was! The problem is that the women’s sprint times, thanks to the European and American experiments of the past, are now unreachable, realistically speaking!

Comment

Statistically, I cant agree. So far, AP is the greatest males stats runner. Just not a great Champs runner. VC is a better COMPETITOR, but even apart from the way out WRs, she has Never dominated the stats charts and when you consider that Merlene has much better PBs, that sez it all.

Merlene has run 21.87s INDOORS, 21.64s PB and 21.66w, so go back and penny that.

For all his faults, AP has run SEVEN 9.7s times...only Bolt is close with 3 plus a 9.6. TG has one and Mo has one. As for sub-10s, when Asafa gets 5 more, he will have gotten all the available 100m stats at least once in his career. AP has more sub 9.9s that Ato Boldon has sub-10s and Ato is like number 3 or 4 on that list!!!

Comment

The womens 200m is definately within reach.

I'd say within the next 3-4 years. Probably not by VC but by the next woman who dominates the event.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The anemometer was fixed

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    The womens 200m is definately within reach.

I'd say within the next 3-4 years. Probably not by VC but by the next woman who dominates the event.
                    1) The anemometer never setted to the point of zero.
                    2) Flo Jo was probably on steroids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04WP3sWetm0
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Guilt all over her face!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Stop the video just as Flo Jo is turning around after the race.

Look carefully at her hair. Notice how the wind is blowing her hair even after she stops turning.
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

No disrespect I-man...I'm just on a campaign right now.
                          http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...elt#post169588
                          Peter R

Comment

heh heh! Ah soon start mines!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Heh Heh , alright boss. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X