Tyson Gay makes a statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Gay makes a statement

I just got back from the Rebok Grand Prix, and all I can saw is that Bolt had better buckle down in his training. Tyson Gay was amazing!!!! He caught the pack after his first 5 - 10 steps and blazed the field in 19.58. That time puts him right behind Bolt. I can't wait to see his 100m. He looked extremely sharp for his first race in a year. VCB looked a little tight, but I am not placing too much emphasis on today's race. Jeter is consistent so far, but the season is very young. Asafa is not ready yet. I will leave it at that. Kenia Sinclair looks good.Aileen Bailey is coming along nicely. Simone Facey got a bad lane draw and she needs to hold her form.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

You right about that, this youth is something else, the way he said after the Beijing 100 that he was fully fit and just got beaten and went away without any fanfare, bad vibes or excuses and now has obvoiusly chosen to step up to the plate to put his best foot forward is amazing.

He is not hiding, he is making it plain and obvious to all what he is after and not by talking about it, like Chambers but by pure action that 200 run was astounding, especially becuase we had no idea it was coming, he unleashed himself to the world and his intention of challenging Bolt, without saying a word, his body language was also very strong, definitely making a statement.

If Bolt slips at all Tyson will be there to collect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      I just got back from the Rebok Grand Prix, and all I can saw is that Bolt had better buckle down in his training. Tyson Gay was amazing!!!! He caught the pack after his first 5 - 10 steps and blazed the field in 19.58. That time puts him right behind Bolt. I can't wait to see his 100m. He looked extremely sharp for his first race in a year. VCB looked a little tight, but I am not placing too much emphasis on today's race. Jeter is consistent so far, but the season is very young. Asafa is not ready yet. I will leave it at that. Kenia Sinclair looks good.Aileen Bailey is coming along nicely. Simone Facey got a bad lane draw and she needs to hold her form.
      Aileen Bailey, I think, lost her race because she was so far away from the 1st and 2nd place runners...that she thought she was infront and shut off 10 meters out.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Aileen Bailey, I think, lost her race because she was so far away from the 1st and 2nd place runners...that she thought she was infront and shut off 10 meters out.
        Well, the lesson to be learnt is that you are running 100 meters, not 90 meters. This thing of shutting-off, or shutting-down is just pure FOLLY!!
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

I thought Aileen won her event in 11.07 ?

Fourth fastest legal time this year...

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
            Well, the lesson to be learnt is that you are running 100 meters, not 90 meters. This thing of shutting-off, or shutting-down is just pure FOLLY!!
            Agree wid yuh!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
              I thought Aileen won her event in 11.07 ?

Fourth fastest legal time this year...
              Yuh thought wrong!

Official Results - Women - 100 Metres - Race 2 - Wind : +1.3 m/sPos
              1. Shalonda Solomon USA 11.04

2. Tianna Madison USA 11.05

3. Aleen Bailey JAM 11.07

4. Tahesia Harrigan IVB 11.15

5. Gloria Asumnu USA 11.17

6. Schillonie Calvert JAM 11.21

7. Bianca Knight USA 11.22

8. Carol Rodríguez PUR 11.28

9. Muriel Hurtis-Houair i FRA 11.50

http://www.iaaf.org/gp09/results/eve...sult.html#W100

Comment

yeah him bettah come bettah dan dat kah 'To di worl' ah guh ready. Ah stroll wi didah stroll inna di street ah englan yuh figet dat. Suh wi nuh fraid ah no bwoy dem tink ah Asafa dis. Dis yah yout nah tek no check from no bwoy and di merican know dat

Comment

what TYSON GAY, is doing is trying to get in BOLT head and trying to intimetate him,but bolt is not going to fall for that S@#T,he know that he cannot beat bolt so he are trying to play mine game with him,and V CAMPBELL if she did want to win that race she would we all now what she can do,come on guys no jamaican didnot win any race i think we did that and i think that something is up for instan like we are trying to trick the AMERICAN them
                  out of many one people

Comment

Mi have one word fi all ah unno...POSSUM.

Dun talk.

Come Berlin, dem aggo seh we deh pan drugs, cause dem aggo get a B!tch lik!

Comment

Working...
                    X